Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Where can I buy a 26 inch folding maxxis 60a 2.25 ardent?
  • el_boufador

Hello, need one for the rebuild I am doing. My favourite xc summer tyre as they are light, roll well, grippy, reasonably pinch proof. Can’t find any, anywhere. Other versions are out there but not this specific combo, which is the lightest. Anyone have any tips on where I might find one?

Failing that, any hins on what else is there with similar abilities? Ps running tubeless.

Poopscoop

Rocking horse poo mate. I’ve been looking too.

Come up occasionally on eBay at silly prices.

I took to the Wanted forum in the end and bought a few used ones. Lots of good ones laying around in people’s sheds etc after they went 650b.

Personally I’ve found the Advantage to be a good second best and they are available at reasonable prices.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The exo version is still made in 60a and that size. As deeply unfashionable as it sounds have you tried asking in a bike shop? They will probably be able to find out from the distributior if there are any about and order some.

asdfhjkl
    Free Member

A cheaper (but better, imo) alternative is the On One Smorgasbord. Made by maxxis using the same exo casing as ardents, 2.25, similar chunky-but-not-too-chunky tread.

Poopscoop

Yep, must admit, not checked/asked at any lbs for then.

Poopscoop

Blimey, those On One Smorgasbord are cheap!

Might order one and give it a go. Thanks for heads up.

The wire bead is cheaper and lighter than the folding versions….

Jeffus
    Free Member

Oneplanet had some last weekend in 26.

Poopscoop

Still have from the look of it.

Reviews are “mixed” though.

Chunky Monkey looks good as a front tyre, not really a good comparison to the Ardent though. Different beasts.

el_boufador

Thanks, those smorgasbord do look interesting, and cheap! very similar profile to the ardent from pictures I can see, quite rounded, low profile shoulders. Anyone know how much a 60a folding weighs?

davewalsh
    Free Member

Don’t believe what it says on the website. mine weighed 825g !

el_boufador

Oof! Too much! Cheers

Jeffus
    Free Member

my Ardent Exo Tr 2.25 x 26 weighs 730gms

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Where can I buy a 26 inch folding maxxis 60a 2.25 ardent?’ is closed to new replies.