Viewing 30 posts - 81 through 110 (of 110 total)
  • Where are you from?
  • tacopowell
    Free Member

mefty – Member
    Tacopowell your not a cockney unless you were born within the sound of the Bow bells.
    I think you will find that St Barts is within hearing distance of Bow Bells unlike a lot of what is called the east end.

I think St. Bartholomew’s is in the most western area, as pointed out, much of the East end can’t hear the bells,
    Saying this I know in my heart I’m no true cockney, I’m a Norf Londoner!

Nottingham has made me realise how much I love North Wales, so will one day probably move back there. Currently eyeing up a job in Vancouver….

To be honest I moved from Nottingham to mid west Wales, It really is a cracking place but not to live (Very expensive amongst other things) which is why we moved back to Nottingham,

I think I’d prefer a happy medium, Sister lives in Hereford, I love it round that part of the country.

olddog

North Staffs
    North Derbys
    West Yorks

North Midlander

ste_t
    Free Member

To be honest I moved from Nottingham to mid west Wales, It really is a cracking place but not to live (Very expensive amongst other things) which is why we moved back to Nottingham,

I think I’d prefer a happy medium, Sister lives in Hereford, I love it round that part of the country.

True, I’m much better off financially now, but work/life/riding balance has suffered greatly for it.

Not particularly pro-English out in the sticks in the West, I’m guessing that had something to do with it?

yossarian
    Free Member

Born in the city of gleaming spires. Oxford

Grew up in rural Oxfordshire with a few short periods abroad in Australia, Singapore and Hong Kong.

Left the chilterns to find my fortune in London at 19. Ended up, after a few adventures, in east Kent and have settled here on coast around 8 miles from Canterbury.

My homeland in the chilterns constantly calls to me. Painfully calls to me actually. But have my two lads to think of, they are men of kent and this is their homeland so I think any return to Oxfordshire is going to be delayed until they are either 11 and off to secondary school or 18 and off to university or work.

geologist
    Free Member

Born Doncaster
    Then Germany
    Then Hong Kong
    Moved to newcastle when 18
    Then malvern
    Then lossiemouth
    Then warwick
    Then Hope
    Now at 38, Ludlow

tacopowell
    Free Member

Not particularly pro-English out in the sticks in the West, I’m guessing that had something to do with it?

Apparently Aberystwyth is a high risk area for any royal visits, there are a few bees in bonnets, unable to let go of a thousand years of injustice towards their people!
    It didn’t particularly help sell it to us, no but if you really like it, I know plenty of Englishman/woman that have peservered, settled and our happy.

Woody
    Free Member

27 years Aberdeen
    14 years London
    Currently in Durham which seems nicely central !

fathomer

Leicester
    Leicester
    Leicester
    Midlander

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Born and raised on a, now, notorious Leeds coucil estate.
    Got a n’edjukayshun
    Live in posh North Leeds area, currently.
    Hoping to move to Cumbria in the next couple of years.

grantway
    Free Member

Born
    Plaistow Central Hospital

Lived
    Various parts of East London

Hoping to move to Woodford Green

wheelie

Skipton
    Clappersgate
    Outgate
    Broughton Mills
    Allness
    Cargreen
    Ambleside
    Bishops Waltham
    Upper Swanmore
    Meonstoke

+ sometime in the Middle East

mefty
    Free Member

I think St. Bartholomew’s is in the most western area, as pointed out, much of the East end can’t hear the bells,
    Saying this I know in my heart I’m no true cockney, I’m a Norf Londoner!

A common misconception is that the Bow Bells in question are in Bow. In fact they are the church bells of St Mary-le-Bow which is on Cheapside in the City so St Barts is actually just up the road, whereas the East End is some distance away.

andycs

Born in Bradford, spent most of childhood in Gomersal and now living in Thornhill. Proud to be a Yorkshireman.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Stourbridge, Stourbridge, Wolverhampton,…next stop ….TBC

Crag
    Free Member

Leeds, Leeds, Leeds!

voodoo_chile

North liverpool

tazzymtb

Born- Sarawak
    Grew up in chester
    moved about lots, have somehow ended up in small town just outside choke on stench….good access to lots of places for riding but sweet jeeesus the local populace look to Jeremy kyle and TOWIE as inspirational TV.

tazzymtb

Proud to be a Yorkshireman.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVhfvCRbadk[/video] 😀

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

Born in Batley
    Raised in Batley
    Live in Ramsbottom
    Would never move back to Batley.

smell_it
    Free Member

Sticking to the op’s criteria;

Bergen
    Wirksworth
    Crumpsall

And yet i’m still smiling!

slackalice
    Free Member

Lots of different places 😀

sargey

Wall heath
    Wall heath
    Wollaston

thorpie
    Free Member

Born in Ipswich, lived and grew up in Stowmarket (both Suffolk), moved to Rotherham, South Yorks when I was 20. Lived here ever since, 36 tomorrow. Am I still a southerner or am I a northerner now?

bellerophon
    Free Member

Born in Jedburgh (Scottish Borders)
    Raised in Whitley Bay (& Lancashire (Boarding School) )
    Now live in Blyth, Northumberland

Born in Singapore
    Raised in Hants\Wilts (Boarding School)
    Now live in Jedburgh

😀

smell_it
    Free Member

Lots of different places

Whilst i can understand you were raised in lots of different places; being born and living in lots of different places makes you Dr Who or homeless?

crush83
    Free Member

Lincoln, lyneham, Swindon, Brize Norton, Lincoln and moving back to Brize in may!

Edric64
    Free Member

Born Somerset
    lived in Ebbw Vale for 4 months(Welsh shithole)
    Now live in Somerset
    moving upmarket to Bath in two weeks

Philby

Born: Leeds
    Grew up: Leeds
    Live: Bristol

Still consider myself a Yorkshireman.

thorlz
    Free Member

Moved around north Staffs/south Cheshire alot.

Now live in a small town north of Stoke, well closer to Crewe really but I shouldn’t be admitting that (can’t stand the place).
    I do generally like where I live though.

stu1972
    Free Member

Hoping to move to Cumbria in the next couple of years.

Don’t bother, anything north of Shap & the weathers shite!

Nice scenery though.

Viewing 30 posts - 81 through 110 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘Where are you from?’ is closed to new replies.