Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • Where are you and are you currently having a winter?
  • sharkattack

Winter: Not really

Still riding normal tyres and wearing shorts. Went to Wharny and Grenoside yesterday and the jacket got stuffed in the backpack. Had a proper lazy afternoon jump session and ended up in a beer garden. It was mint.

It’s only raining a normal amount and it’s unbelievably mild. All my Gore-Tex and Seal Skins and fluffy skull caps and mud tyres are gathering dust. I know it’s probably a symptom of some rapidly approaching global catastrophe but I’m trying to appreciate it.

Just wondering if this is everywhere or are some people being hammered by snow and ice? Has anyone experienced the Daily Express’s mythical ‘weather bomb’ yet?

bikebouy
    Free Member

South Coast.

No, doesn’t look like a Winter will happen until March 17, probs last for 2 days when the whole of the South will grind to a halt.

chiefgrooveguru

You can all thank me. After years of basically riding in my summer gear all year round, I finally bought some waterproof shorts and a more wintery jacket. And I put on the most over the top mud and gnar tyres for my local singletrack. Been lovely ever since!

tillyfishes
    Free Member

Winter: Mild – with some proper weather on the horizon! Only two days until it starts getting lighter everyday so 🙂 🙂 🙂

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

North Devon and it hasn’t kicked in yet although I know it’s here because people are running around like headless chickens, spending money like it’s going out of fashion all for one single day of overindulgence. I was in Exmoor yesterday and it was like a spring day at times.

ultracrepidarian
    Free Member

Winter: Nope 😉

jambalaya
    Free Member

Paris. A little chilly and grey today but its been mostly clear and bright with little rain (hence all the polution)

sweaman2
    Free Member

Location. Calgary – Western Canada. 😀

Winter: Oh yes. Today it’s finally warmed up to 0C but the past two weeks has been frigid with day time highs (using the term loosely) of -20C.

Sweamrs went out for a quick ski tour at the weekend….

blitz

Winter: Not even close

Never seen such a prolonged dry spell. We’ve had no more than a handful of rainy days since July and often weeks without rain. I’m still on summer tyres as the trails are still running great which is a minor miracle considering the clay based woods here are normally a complete bog by now.

br
    Free Member

Scottish Borders, and no – 8c on our ride Sunday, had it colder in summer 🙂

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Winter: it came and it went

had shed loads of snow in November, last two weeks it’s been between minus 15c and up to 8c today with rain. crazy

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Location – Saltburn.
    Winter – Had an al fresco bacon sandwich and coffee for lunch, sat near the sea, so definitely not.

steezysix
    Free Member

Oslo – there was a nice bit of snow in October, then it warmed up. Now it’s plus temps and damp in the day, and clear & freezing at night which means it’s icy surfaces galore in the mornings. And CRC haven’t delivered my spiked tyres yet! 😥

parkesie
    Free Member

I reckon ill have winter in april.

sharkattack

It was a bit chilly in Sheff today. Had to zip my coat up walking home from work.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Winter: Yes, definitely, but not harsh.

Been quite dry, and generally mild (~8°C) during the day, but barely above freezing when out riding in the evening. Definitely full on thermal riding kit.

scotroutes

Aviemore. Ask again in 48hrs.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Wellington, NZ

It’s pretty damn good here at the moment 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Hobart Tasmania
    Winter, been and gone a few months back though there was snow on the Mountain at the weekend.
    Apart from some inclement rain looking at a nice 20’s Christmas perfect for getting out.

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

Pretty cold on ride this evening in Hudds. Daytimes not so bad.

stewartc
    Free Member

Winter: Apparently

Based on the locals are wearing we are in the middle of a permafrost, otherwise its usually a pleasant 20 plus degrees or so, or riding season as we call it.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Finally the South Downs have turned boggy and slides in places but a few weeks ago my mud tyres were hammering off rock hard frosty trails. Driest winter in years.

Klunk
    Free Member

stumbled upon an article in the express about snow in the sahara (by mistake honest)…. cue the climate change is a scam/fraud/conspiracy in the comments and this is obviously proof that we are heading to new ice age while completely ignoring that we’ve had about 7 days of frost in the last 3 years in southern England (3 of them this november). The weather here has just been damp dull dreary and lifeless for most of December today was the exception but I had to wait in for the gas inspection man 🙁

brexit bugle has some photos I feel dirty.

MrNice
    Free Member

Winter: I am enjoying my second summer of 2016 8) (moved here from Sheffield a few weeks ago)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I am enjoying my second summer of 2016 (moved here from Sheffield a few weeks ago)

I call BS everyone knows Sheffield doesn’t have a summe

Xylene
    Free Member

At home – NE yes

Chilly 15 degree mornings

On holiday at the beach, not so far, although pleasant in the evenings.

I miss the weather at home, 200km away

Royston
    Free Member

Today I’m building a greenhouse in the garden for the SO.
    Last week we were up North in the Bay of Islands and it was fine and warm there too.

tjagain

Edinburgh. Yes. Usual winter if a recent mild spell. Mild and damp on a westerly. clear and cold on an easterly. NOt been much frost yet as its been mainly westerlies.

gordimhor

Kinlochleven, not yet

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Winter: Yes, as I’m not sweating all the time at the moment

smogmonster

Winter: No such thing, its either hot and dry or hotter and wetter. Right now we’re in the middle of two seperate Tropical Storms, so its pretty bloody miserable. Even worse im stuck on oilrig, so its a case WattBike or no bike!

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Winter: Definitely. A relatively toasty -4 in the village today, up from -16 a few days ago. Cold enough to give me frost bite after 3 hours of skiing on the mountain. Plenty of snow about as usual, but much colder than the last 2 winters that I’ve had here.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Perth, Western Australia. Summer. High’s of 41c in the shade and a billion degrees in the sun. Rostered day off. Too hot to ride. Wife in bed after vomiting in the night, 5 year old son having a sofa day as he’s got squits. 2 year old daughter crashed out as she was up at half 4 “I’m not tired Daddy”.

Total fire ban in place, lots of parks and bushland closed due to huge fire risks and high winds too. Too risky to get out and ride and tbf, too bloody hot. Will be in the pool this arvo!

Wearing boardies and a Bintang vest…;)

MrNice
    Free Member

I am enjoying my second summer of 2016 (moved here from Sheffield a few weeks ago)

I call BS everyone knows Sheffield doesn’t have a summer [/quote]

How dare you, Sheffield does have a summer. Usually one day in July. Typically when I’m at work…

deviant
    Free Member

Mid-West Wales.

Had a couple of hard frosts, no snow yet…plenty of fog and rain obviously, it wouldnt be Wales otherwise!

darrell
    Free Member

west Norway and it came briefly in Nov and then left

about 7 C and pishing down today at the coast and even inland in the mountains there’s little snow

rickmeister

Black Forest

Nothing, no winter. Clear and still, only -3 here… Will be traveling to Austria / Switzerland for good Fatbiking and looking forward to the Snowbike Festival, Gstaad, January.

mt
    Free Member

There’s time yet, have a look at this weeks weather forecast for the north.

ben
    Free Member

Switzerland

Winter is definitely here, was below zero last weekend and has been pretty cold since November. It has been far too dry though, in serious need of snow on the mountains.

jbirch
    Free Member

Paris.

We had a big cold snap a couple of weeks ago but it’s back to nudging 10degrees again now. Not had any proper rain in a long while though which I think has been contributing to the pollution spike.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Where are you and are you currently having a winter?’ is closed to new replies.