• This topic has 44 replies, 40 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Marin.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Where are you all riding this weekend?
  • ton

where you going, on road, offroad, bit of both?

me and the wife are going on our 1st mini tour of the year, with a aim to ride to a hostel once a month throughout the year.
    heading for Helmsley in the NYM tomorrow.
    and hopefully catch a few nice pubs on route over the weekend. 8)

Pook

i strongly recommend the Blacksmiths Arms in Lastingham.

jemima
    Free Member

Hiring fat bikes from Bothy Bikes in Aviemore and going to play in the snow 🙂

andytherocketeer

erm… it’s snowing… off to slide down an Alp or 2 instead
    (this isn’t gonna help my endomondo stats)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Peak – somewhere, then lots of bike washing

chvck
    Free Member

Aberystwyth area tonight and tomorrow. Thinking Brechfa or the Marin trail on Sunday, will see how I feel. All offroad for me.

dknwhy

Enjoy it Ton! I need to schedule in an overnight somewhere…

At home with the kids tomorrow and probably a road ride with my mate on my cross bike for Sunday.

toby1

Tonight, home from work. Then that may well be it for the weekend. Last several months have been all commuting and no fun riding. Something I’d like to address but don’t seem to have the time for at the moment. I don’t really feel like a proper cyclist, my MTB has no bottom bracket and hasn’t had for several months now.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Couple of local road rides again here. Cold weather gear at the ready!

jekkyl

I’ll be out tonight round local trails then the wifey is taking me to Coniston for a birthday weekend away and I’m taking my bike for an offroad spin up a hill on sunday morning.

gringo

Heading over to Peaslake on Sunday morning to ride some of the trails over there.

D0NK

relegated to couch jockey again, still not got rid of the sniffles
    🙁

ads678

Probably not, got some digging to do weather permitting. 🙁

weeksy

GOring area today, Goring/PAngbourne tomorrow…

Sunday, likely to be getting furniture instead.

s1m0n
    Free Member

Hoping to get out on cross bike tomorrow in and around South East Leeds – no plans of route yet, just head off and link up a few roads and trails and see where it takes me.

binners

Local tomorrow. Please start snowing properly. Its forecast. I want to go and play in it. I bloody love riding in the snow!!!

Last year we did a loop that normally takes an hour, that took two and a half due to the snow. It was a right old laugh. The downhill from the top of Bull Hill trying to stay in the tyre tracks of the farmers Landy. As soon as you drifted outside them, you came to an abrupt halt and went flying over the bars, landing unharmed in deep snow. Great fun!!! 😀

I really want a fat bike!

rOcKeTdOg

Local this weekend, meeting strangers who only exist on the internet* for a ride on sunday

*it remains to be seen

ElShalimo

visiting friends and have a sore knee so no bikes

ton – we need a trip report!

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Does a visit to sufferlandria on the turbo count?

Don’t think I’ll get out on the actual mtb this weekend unfortunately so will have to be a sufferfest video on the turbo instead.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Long route to the Pub tonight as usual, weather a bit calmer since this was taken earlier in the week…
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/qvAiCQ]DSC_0070[/url] by Bruce Ritchie, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/qKSyTG]DSC_0064[/url] by Bruce Ritchie, on Flickr

🙂

carlos
    Free Member

After throwing myself at speed onto Cumberland Clough’s finest boulders last night, I’ll not be riding anywhere this weekend :?. Right leg is a bit battered up and got some lovely bruises coming on already.

Mister-P
    Free Member

No riding for me this weekend as it’s my weekend with my daughter. I have pedalled 185 miles on the road bike since Monday though so I think a couple of days off is acceptable.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

come on Mister P – no slackin off! 😆

If you’re out enjoy it, everyone! If your’e in not to much beer and chocolate…

tizzzzle
    Free Member

Swinley tomorrow at 8. Purple (blue, red, blue) and some jump gulley action. Nice

leftyboy
    Free Member

Turbo in the garage – knackered shoulder/collar bone not fixed!

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Just somewhere would be nice. I’m too soft to ride my road bike. As it keeps snowing. So may break out the mtb and ride to my mum’s. Only 5 mile ride there and back though.

tomhoward

gisburn tomorrow, stainburn sunday

bikebouy
    Free Member

Roadie all weekend, hack up into the Sth Downs and bounce around until either I get bored or hungry..unlikely to be both at the same time 😆

If it snows then I’m slide all over the bloody place, no CX’er as I’ve been hacking that to death recently and I think it deserves a couple of days off..

WFH next week so expect more intervals between working and riding, shhhh though eh? Don’t tell my Boss. 😛

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Coming off my road bike for the first time ever and tearing some very expensive bibs this afternoon 🙄 (luckily I put the Rapha top down and wore a 35 quid Pearl Izumi so it could have been worse).

Woburn/Rushmer with the big bike for some (slightly bruised and sore) fun and pratting around, experimenting with my SJ4000 (courtesy of santa and a PSA thread here) tomorrow.

Local CX explore with some mates route-guiding on Sunday.

Marin
    Free Member

Marin tomorrow to try new full facer on the last downhill bit then the full trail. Attempting some winter climbing on Sunday but think it will be a nice walk with the axes staying clean. Marin tomorrow Chris?

tomhoward

luckily I put the Rapha top down and wore a 35 quid Pearl Izumi so it could have been worse

It could’nt. Rapha do free repairs 😉

drain

Aiming to get a quickie in at Haldon en route to visit parentals / packing up our flat to move 😀

atlaz
    Free Member

Doing 120km on the road bike tomorrow which I might stretch to over 100 miles depending how I feel. First serious length ride of the year.

Scamper
    Free Member

Hopefully over to the Clent, up and down a lot, then over to the Lickey hills, up and down a lot depending on how many hours my kitchen pass is

mrhoppy

CyB in the snow tomorrow. The wives are hijacking the planned boys ride though.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Marin – Member
    Marin tomorrow to try new full facer on the last downhill bit

Will arrange for somebody to observe and post the “why do people feel the need for full face” whine

stevedoc
    Free Member

Looking for a brisk one around the Hayfield loop ,Jacobs and a loop of injury cover 😉

hjghg5
    Free Member

Gran Canaria (road) 😆

Just need to find my summer cycling kit first…

rocketman
    Free Member

Lots of Cannock today God it was quiet

Curiously dry in places, kind of cold on the way back with wintry showers but I really really enjoyed it. Bike felt great and so did I. Same again tomorrow my refusal to acknowledge Winter seems to be working

funkrodent

It’ll be a couple of laps around the (surprisingly good) blue/red/black trail at Clayton Vale on Sunday morning, trail hound in tow. Next weekend however will see me in Swaledale recceing Fremington Edge and other bits, ahead of the Ard As enduro in August. Should be interesting at this time of year..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Where are you all riding this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.