Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Where are the Downhill tracks in the Quantocks?
  • Taz

Hoping to get there this week for a regular ride and was hoping to take a couple of runs in. A guy was telling me about them but seems like the Muitzig has effected my recall function 😀

nickegg
    Free Member

Triscombe Stone car park is the place to park. Loads of trails from there.

Across the road from the carpark there is a barrier along side the banked line of trees. Go under that and at various points along the path that runs alongside the bank there are runs dropping off to the left.

My favourite is the one marked as “natural downhill trail-do not build jumps etc”. Steep in places, rooty and great fun and no dodgy jumps, at least not when i was there last!!

The FC are pretty tolerant as long as jumps aren’t built.

When were you planning on going? At a loose end this week before i start a new job next week and i was thinking of going for a play on those runs.

Would be happy to show you the ones i know.

jam-bo

as well as the ones that nick mentioned, there are another whole load that split off the singletrack that runs beside the road. past the gate and look for a break in the wall.

plus there are a fair few hidden away on the other side of the valley.

jonb
    Free Member

Find a local to show you. My two favourites are the two already mentioned, from the singletrack next to the fence and the natural one.

There’s one that runs down to the camp place but that wasa bit scary, very well built though.

Go for a pedal from Triscombe Stone. The easiest ones to find are from the TRiscombe singletrack down next to the road. Just turn off where it looks worn and they go into the trees.

Taz

Thanks guys

Nick – Maybe Friday. Depends on work. I will ping you and if we could meet up great.

Appreciate the offer!

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

There’s one that runs down to the camp place but that wasa bit scary

With the road gap in the middle? That one is a beaut eh?

nickegg
    Free Member

The camp place you mention is probably the God camp in Ramscombe. There is a couple of decent runs into that from the top of Great wood(?). One of which ends with the famous chimney.

It’s been ages since i went for a play around there, better make the most of it whilst i have the time.

Taz – my email is in my profile now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Where are the Downhill tracks in the Quantocks?’ is closed to new replies.