Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Where are Monarch RC3 Plus *HV* shocks being sold noline, Non Debonair…??
  • Poopscoop

They all seem to be Debonair models.

Even second-hand ones seem to be 99% Debonairs.

Anyone know of a retailer selling the HV aircan model RC3 [b]Plus[/b]‘?

After a 200x 57 one.

Any help appreciated guys. 🙂

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

My dad has one for sale.

PM me and I’ll give him your number.

It’s hardly been used, one or two rides maybe.

EDIT: Wait, its 2016×63.

Get the debonair one.

poah
    Free Member

ypu can put bands in the negative chamber to
    Reduce the volume.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I can sell you an unused debonair with a full complement of bands. 200×57 medium/medium tune.

Poopscoop

Really need the HV one guys, even with the bands fitted a Debonair is too linear for the Jeffsy 29er.

Its why they specced it as standard on some of the models.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Fit loads of spacers in and bump the pressure up then?

The reviewers said that about the 2016 Nukeproof Mega, that the debonair can made it too wallowey – except that if you set it up right a bigger negative spring allows you to have more midstroke support.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Fit loads of spacers in and bump the pressure up then?

The reviewers said that about the 2016 Nukeproof Mega, that the debonair can made it too wallowey – except that if you set it up right a bigger negative spring allows you to have more midstroke support.

benpinnick

FWIW you can convert a debonair to a normal can if you can find the parts. Have you considered an non-HV version? There’s not a huge difference in the can and it might be easier to find.

poah
    Free Member

Band in the negative chamber or positive?

Poopscoop

Thanks for info guys.

I am really set on the HV really, though the Debonair can be converted at a cost.

Tried the Debonair all spacered up before on a bike that should have had a HV and it just didnt feel good.

My current weight of 15 stone no doubt doesn’t help!

Will have to keep an eye out for a s/hand one from someone’s upgrade or something. 🙂

enigmas
    Free Member

I think I have a HV air can at spare from when I moved to a debonair. I’m away until Wednesday but will give you an email if I can find it!

Poopscoop

OK bud, sounds interesting! From a 200x 57 Plus?

Cheers and let me know how you get on. Email in my profile bud. 😉

poah
    Free Member

if you fill up the negative air chamber with a couple of bands that’s the equivalent of a HV can. I take it this was the same bike as yours you tried with the DB aircan?

The other thing is the compression probably isn’t set up great for a person of your weight either which is going to affect how it rides. What bike is it you have?

fadgadget
    Free Member

I have the Debonair on my Stumpy 29er and no matter what combination of spacers I add or subtract in the positive / negative chambers it’s still shite. I have to put 340 psi in the shock to achieve 35% sag and it fidgets around mid travel never really bottoming out. Very Soft up to 40-50% travel and then becoming bloated. It’s really for lighter riders with a low leverage frame design. I’m in the process of finding a standard air can from America which suits Specialized frames better. Ps… I’m 230lbs.

poah
    Free Member

Double post

poah
    Free Member

Monarch on my suppressor was shit –
    Changed to coil and it’s sooo much better don’t think the damping on the shock is ipvto much

fadgadget
    Free Member

Double post

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Where are Monarch RC3 Plus *HV* shocks being sold noline, Non Debonair…??’ is closed to new replies.