Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 150 total)
  • Where are all the Secondhand Santa Cruz Hecklers?
  • hora
    Free Member

I still dont have the foggest what you think you are typing.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

The irony.

Still, buy it, complain about it & give us all a good laugh in a few months.

4 pages sums it up & Binners provides the humour as usual.

hora
    Free Member

‘ I will be the one pretending to ride down the mega track tomorrow’.

Well I hope you will ride it as you seem to talk the talk. I think the sailor/tattoo analogy fits you nicely (look at me/I ride a DH track(s)/this makes me awesome).. From now on (and if we ever meet) I’ll shout its the sailor! 😆

BTW I never once complained about the large and medium Blur4X that I owned.

Anyway, get your Leat brace on, your fullfacer and get mincing.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

The pretending to ride reference came from you editing your post, which you called me out for ‘pretending to ride’.

Very conveniently now edited.

Have fun wobbling around 🙂

rob-jackson
    Free Member

bit rich for you (hora) to call anyone a mincer

hora
    Free Member

Eh. What have I ever minced in your Peaks or infront of you?

mindmap3
    Free Member

Epic camel’s foot there Binners!

*doffs cap* “chapeau” etc

Glad I’m not the only one who noticed that!

With regards to the sizing thing, I don’t think that my Rune looks like a gate. For a large, it does hide its size well but more importantly I feel more comfortable on it. It’s not quite as playful as the SX was but it climbs better and feels more stable on steeper stuff (which is partly down to the slacker angles).

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I think I’m with Benny Hill on this one, in that I’ll happily take a bike that is ‘too small’ over something ‘that fits’. My Ibis Tranny is a 17 inch / ‘medium’, which should be wayyyy too small for my 5’10” ass, yet it just works

When people finally leave the tie up of the I’m 5’6 therefore I’m a Medium, this will run on and on.
    The right size is the right size, different styles of bikes are sized differently.
    Your arm, leg and torso length will knock you off a sizing chart unless you are Mr Average.

scruff
    Free Member

Has anyone looked in the wanted ads lateley ?

😆

mickolas
    Free Member

would that be a reference to the Orange Patriot request?

hora
    Free Member

Rob jackson, well was that a troll? I’ve never minced in the Peaks. You’ve gone quiet. I might own a mincer car like yourself but Im sure I can out descend you

handyandy
    Free Member

Im sure I can out descend you

binners

What have you actually bought then? What transient bike do you presently own?

As this is the time of year when one tires of the trails, and seeks refuge in the comforting act of sitting there amongst a sea of parts and spanners, building up yet another frame

hora
    Free Member

Hes gone quiet.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Hora – bring it on – will batter you anywhere (on my bike that fits) – whats your strava id?

hora
    Free Member

a). I’ve no idea what strava does.
    b). Answer the question- where have you seen me mince on a ride?

You’ve said this twice now. Curious.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

the picture above??

set yourself up on strava – ride the usuals in the peak and see how you do

binners

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO – smell that testosterone

I have the strangest……

hora
    Free Member

See the picture above? What back in 2003 with and atrophied shoulder/arm just after a stay in hospital? Someone has an accident and gets above picture taken.

You said mince twice like you’ve seen me mince.

Strava- ‘see how I do’? Are you talking about distance set by time? I’m talking about mincing riding not ‘out-fitnessing someone’. Do you see the difference? You’ve never witnessed me mince down anything.

If I witnessed anyone mincing down anything I’d put it down to a bad day in the office. Some wouldn’t. Hey ho.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

speed dh has little bearing on fitness obviously so if i am quicker down a dh sector then i mince less!!

binners

Gentlemen. Choose your weapons…..

rob-jackson
    Free Member

anyway there is a bike in teh classifieds that may fit your requirements Linky

hora
    Free Member

Rob just about to set off out

rob-jackson
    Free Member

hora – you want one – so what’s your point? I have offered you many chances to ride but you always decline, would love to meet you face to face to see if you really are as odd as on here and to witness your skills which i cannot come close too….
    I suppose a fat kid will always roll down hill quicker than a thin kid 😉

hora
    Free Member

Have you never been on one of the Peaks Pootles?

I find the mincing comment odd as I’ve never minced in the Peaks. Theres nothing really thats technical bar one footpath.

Did you buy another Berlingo?

wwaswas

does this feel like it’s gone from a ‘gently take the mickey out of hora’ thread to “poking him with a finger and saying ‘Come on then! Outside!'”

?

not good.

hora
    Free Member

I love STW as its a forum/a place to relax/not be stressed etc and goof around. Sadly it always goes the negative way. Grinds one down I admit.

Zaskar93
    Free Member

Whilst I might be a bit late joining this thread I’ll just stick my two penneth in. I have a 2010 Heckler, it’s a medium and I’m 5’10” so according to SC I could ride either a Med or Lrg. My mate has a large 2009 Heckler which I could ride fairly comfortably but I have a lay back post and 90mm stem on mine and think it suits me just fine, very ‘chuckable’without being too small. Oh and it’s not for sale either, and probably never will be, cos it’s great!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Never been on a pootle Hora due to the fact i hate riding in big groups as you cannot do the good bits as it draws attention to the area (parkin clough for example). Also i don’t enjoy a “pootle” as such, like to enjoy a good climb/descent but not take ages over things. If i want to do a slower ride i will go alone as it is better than slowing a group down. Optimum ride group size is 5ish imo

plus-one

I don’t know any of you guys on here but c’mon !!! Hora try’s /buys lots of bikes and enjoys it ..

I do too is that not what it’s all about ?? As for size I’m sure op can decide what he likes to ride !!

I did chuckle through some of playground quips 🙂

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 150 total)

The topic ‘Where are all the Secondhand Santa Cruz Hecklers?’ is closed to new replies.