Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 150 total)
  • Where are all the Secondhand Santa Cruz Hecklers?
  • hora
    Free Member

Like Rockinghorse shit. Considering for years its sold for £899 you’d think there would be shedloads out there meaning a fair number for sale no matter how popular or not they are.

Only two frames out there that I can see and I aint paying through the nose for a 4yr old frame etc.

What gives?!! 😆

AlexSimon

Apart from the latest one (only on sale for a few months), surely it’s too steep for you?

hora
    Free Member

I had a 04 Heckler for two years- it felt ‘right’ i.e. all the angles felt good together. Whereas the only frame I didn’t like fullstop was a Fivespot (old one)- felt tall/steep hence the angleset/bushes 😉

rOcKeTdOg

If it felt “right” why did you sell it?

portlyone

I have a secondhand Heckler, i’m keeping it because it’s awesome

Rickos
    Free Member

What’s wrong with the Commencal then? Or am I two bikes behind already…

tomhoward

You know who you are talking to, right?

thepodge
    Free Member

I’ve had similar problems finding a frame. I think the general cost of new bikes means people now hold onto stuff longer & expect a higher price when selling on. Coupled with the internet scaremongering over wheel sizes I think people are either waiting it out or selling full bikes, frame only sales seem to be a rarity

D0NK

what portlyone said 🙂

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Odd because I bought the Hecker off Hora and absolutely hated it. Literally lasted 2 rides before I sold it!

Old hat now Mark – you’ll be wanting offset bushings and all sorts…

hora
    Free Member

I had it for two years and replaced it with a Blur4X. The idea is to keep stepping up if possible.

What’s wrong with the Commencal then?

I can’t get my head round a 20inch seat tube. A large should be 18.5/19 as a very max IMO.

So where are they all? Theres a few ‘popular’ frame/etc that you think sell well but bloody rare when you do a search.

Even the Giant Trance – not many of those knocking about for sale either.

z1ppy

I’ve a couple of frames to sell (not Hecklers) but in all honesty the latest ebay auction haven’t amounted to much, so I’d prefer to hang on to them instead of giving them away for nothing.

kudos100
    Free Member

It’s summer. Less bikes around for sale and if they do come up they tend to go quickly.

Wait until winter and there will be more choice.

You been on a skills day yet hora? If not book one up, might help your constant quest for the holy grail bike that doesn’t exist 😉

scruff
    Free Member

My Meta 5 had same effective standover as my Heckler, both large. Just an excuse to say you want another frame.

JonR
    Free Member

If it helps Hora there will be one going up on the classifieds bored about 2 to 3 weeks after you manage to find one.

gazc
    Free Member

sold mine gutted 🙁

honourablegeorge

hora – Member

I can’t get my head round a 20inch seat tube.

Try facing the other way

mtbfix

We were looking for a SC frame for the missus but found nowt. View of the local lbs workshop manager was that SC owners tend to buy for keeps.

batman11
    Free Member

So how much is to much? You asked for pictures of my mates with a new style rear swing arm and year old paint job by argos and a Chris king headset!! You didn’t even come back or make an offer he could consider???
    Which from dealing with you before is about the norm!

mega
    Free Member

many people keep bikes they like and concentrate on riding them rather than buying and selling them
    😀

richmtb

They do seem really rare second hand. I tried a few years ago to find a Heckler frame. They were fewa and far between and going for 700+ on ebay. In the end I gave up and got a Blur LT as there were more of them around

alexdodd
    Free Member

Look at a Cannondale Prophet instead? Very similar idea…

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Hora – what about replying to my road bike email?

IA

the Giant Trance – not many of those knocking about for sale either.

Got one that I keep forgetting to sell. Cheap.

But it’s an XL, and IIRC you’re 6’+ and you don’t like bikes that fit properly*, so probably not interested? 😉

*see me rolling, I be trolling… 😉

hora
    Free Member

Hora – what about replying to my road bike email?

You came back with 350- I asked a roadie bud’ and he said on the kit etc I shouldn’t go higher than £310.

batman11

I am interested but Its higher than I can go. The shock is also from 2009? (i.e. 4yrs old).

IA- I’m not riding a gate 😉 😆

wwaswas

Can I have first dibs when you sell it on hora?

federalski
    Free Member

There’s one in the classifieds now. Large as well…

oliverd1981
    Free Member

All down to the financial crisis – obviously – same story with decent second hand cars.

hora
    Free Member

Can I have first dibs when you sell it on hora?

Sure- you know it’ll be the same price that I paid? 😀

federalski- thats the 09 one I mentioned above thats been powdercoated.

federalski
    Free Member

I’ll go back to sleep I think… 🙂

rob-jackson
    Free Member

nice of you to reply to my email with that….

btw i am selling a moon on a stick – interested?

fungusfinger
    Free Member

+1 for the prophet idea,just built one up 140 travel,five rides in and i’m in love.

hora
    Free Member

You do realise that I’m from Yorkshire, born and bred? I’m more price sensitive/focused than a Arab shopping in a Arabian Bazaar 😉

wwaswas

I’m not sure replying ‘thanks but no thanks’ to an email would have cost much 😉

hora
    Free Member

If I’m selling someone offers alittle less and I say sorry needs to be ‘x’ the silence is meant to be deafening. The seller then thinks ‘ah, going cold- maybe I should ping him as hes cooling on price’?…

coolhandluke
    Free Member

i enquired about one on Pink bike just the other day, nice blue one it was, Large but not long enough for me, guess its still there.

hora
    Free Member

i enquired about one on Pink bike just the other day, nice blue one it was, Large but not long enough for me, guess its still there.

He might have a buyer at full asking price- I’m waiting.

fungusfinger
    Free Member

Bargain!!

scruff
    Free Member

£450 posted for a refurb with new swingarm & CK headset is a decent enough deal.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 150 total)

The topic ‘Where are all the Secondhand Santa Cruz Hecklers?’ is closed to new replies.