• This topic has 28 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by sv.
Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Where are all the second hand Cross bikes?
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

Was planning to get that cheap boardman as a winter trainer on the ctw scheme, but having looked into the arrangement (end of term payment, you need to pay it all plus extra if the company get rid of you etc) plus I can’t get it until after chrimbo I’m looking at alternative options.

Decided to look 2nd hand, but theres very little out there, not like when I bought my roadie off here and got a great deal. Am I looking in the wrong place, or are 2nd hand cross bikes few and far between (I suspect its the later?

peteimpreza

There are two on page 2 of the classifieds at the time of posting.

butcher

Probably the wrong time of year to be looking. And they only really got popular in the last couple of years, it’s not like there’s loads about.

tpbiker
    Free Member

thought that might be the case. I saw the cotic on the classifieds but to big (and far more than I wanted to spend).

Failing second hand, whats my option new for around 600 quid? Not seen much, let alone anything resembling the boardman value.

singletracksurfer

Everyone is enjoying them too much 🙂

gsm7
    Free Member

Noun sure where you’re based but is is a bargain!!!

Scott CX bike brand new RRP £1199.99 carbon cx fork 6061 ally frame 2013. Selling off at £700.00 56 frameCall 01483 346 549 if you are interested. Can be shipped

Posted by Pedal and Spoke Santa Cruz on Tuesday, November 5, 2013

gsm7
    Free Member

Not***

crazy-legs

What size do you need? I’ll be selling my S-Works frame (with forks, headset, seatpost, stem) in about 3 weeks time. 61cm.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I need a 52-54 probably. My thinking was trying to pick up something for less than 350 quid, given my full ultegra roadie cost less than that. I think I’ve badly misjudged the market however, not much available for that kind of cash, even on the bay.

That merida in the classifieds is lovely however, and my size…and very local….

nope must resist given its 3 times what I want to spend. I’ve been here far to many times with my other bikes..:-(

bloodsexmagik
    Free Member

There are loads of them… I’m looking for a sem-decent cheapish road bike and all I see is CX bikes…

crazy-legs

I think I’ve badly misjudged the market however, not much available for that kind of cash, even on the bay.

You’re buying at totally the wrong time of year!
    Everyone is racing them now so currently high demand, low supply: come February/March, they’ll be selling them off and (if you buy new) shops will also be starting to discount their CX bikes to make way for summer road bikes.

iainc

Just sold mine earlier this week. Had lots of local folk after it after advertising on FB forum

oldgit
    Free Member

Loads of cheaper CX’ers snapped up earlier prior to the typical cross season.
    Someone I know has just started racing on something he put together for a few hundred quid.
    Look out for Dolans.

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member
    scratch
    Free Member

In the pits…..

velocipede
    Free Member

I’ve got a Specialized Crux Elite in the classifieds – 56cm but it comes up smaller as I ride a 54 roadie and 18″ mtb. Would consider offers…

tomaso
    Free Member

Cross is very trendy ATM. If all you want is winter training bike buy an Audax or tourer, or even a single speed beater bike.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I fancy something I can also take up my local hills, so needs to be a cross I reckon. Some nice bikes out there but all a bit big or expensive…

Old git has inspired me to think about building something up, I have loads of bits already I reckon I could maybe use. Would a set of road wheels be suitable? And if so, where can I get a cheap frame and forks from…on one appear all sold out of the cheap ones

iainc

They come up quite regularly on classifieds. CX bikes tend to have an easier life than MTB’s if not raced, so you pay more percentage wise of new price for similar age.

£400 gets a good nick 4 yr old version of a current £1200 bike

nick1962
    Free Member

Check out your local region’s cyclcross webpage,usually some for sale on there.Try attending a race,there were several bikes/frames for sale on the one I watched at much lower prices than I’ve seen elsewhere.

marty
    Free Member

Try this FB group, lots of Edinburgh/Scotland folks on there and a few CX bikes have come up in the last wee while.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/198728110180843/

sv

Selling my Arkose 3, havent put it on here yet. Year old, 55cm frame good condition. £500 posted (I live in N.Ireland).

[img]http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5529/10758421363_0b2820c23c_n.jpg[/img]

tpbiker
    Free Member

Thanks folks

I found a dolan on ebay in the end. Its a big knackered but ok for less than 200 quid, and with a bit of tlc it should be ok for the winter.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

sv

A mate might be interested in your Pinnacle. I’ve sent you an email.

samuri
    Free Member

That pinnacle looks nice.

Same rules apply to CX bikes though as they do any other bike.

Never, ever take a photograph with it in the small ring.

sv

Never, ever take a photograph with it in the small ring

Hangs head in shame…

Reggieg sorting out an email now, thanks.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Where are all the second hand Cross bikes?’ is closed to new replies.