Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Where are all the mtb ers in the Lakes?
  • postierich
    Free Member

Rode for a good 5 hrs today and encountered only 5 other riders rode from Ambleside and did a 50k loop taking in lots of the main mtb routes, was a tad wet today under tyre.Expecting hoards of riders seeing that its summer and the weekend but empty trails except for the odd red sox!

Iron Keld Way! Ithink! by Richard Munro, on Flickr

GaVgAs
    Free Member

far too dangerous that,much safer walking:..Iron keld is good tho..

paul4stones

I wondered the same on May Bank Holiday last year. Think they’re all at Whinlatter/Grizedale.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    smuttiesmith
    Free Member

For all the talk of the lakes being a honeypot it is still surprisingly quiet when you get onto the trails. I guess you could fit a lot of people on to the trails though before you start bumping into people a lot. It’s worse (or better) at night. 2 nights a week for 3 years and still in single figures for other groups met whilst out.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

We were all doing Tour d’Ingleborough, all two of us. 😀

postierich
    Free Member

I suppose its even quieter @ 5am Smuttie did you get out @ that time 😯

Trekster

Been riding in the Lakes of`n on for 20yrs or so and it is rare to see other bikers out. You might see some in the distance but been rare to come across any. Always plenty in car parks, cafes and pubs

uplink
    Free Member

A few weeks back we did some great tracks from the south end of Coniston over to Seathwaite and then over Walna Scar back to Coniston

That was a Saturday and we never saw another MTB all day

Gribs

I was up doing the Coniston/Parkamoor loop on Saturday and only saw other bikers on the North Face Trail at Grizedale. That seemed reasonably busy though.

duir
    Free Member

They are all up here in Scotland riding some proper mountains 😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I did the ride/push up Skiddaw then rode down.

Foooooooooookin ace! Felt more like ski’ing through all the loose turns on the way down!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Where are all the mtb ers in the Lakes?’ is closed to new replies.