Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Where are all the fixies/singlespeed etc bikes for sale?!!!!
  • hora
    Free Member

I can’t bloody find one for sale for love nor money. The ones that are for sale are collect only or are very overpriced polished-turds ‘lovingly restored’

binners

If you get onto the Mumford and Sons website, they have a classifieds section where they sell flat caps, tweed waistcoats and fixies. They’re all on there

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

LFGSS. Don’t use the fixie word though.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    hora
    Free Member

Had a look- again bloody pricey tbh.

tmb467
    Free Member

isnt the point that you dont BUY a SS?

you make one from old bits of bike and sellotape and wotnot

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I’ll see you my Kona Unit for £1000 and personally deliver it. Bargain.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

As you’ve said Hora, they’re all on eBay with stupid bright coloured wheels and massively inflated prices. Might be cheaper to buy an old sh*tter of a road bike and an SS kit and ‘lovingly’ convert it yourself…

onewheelgood

Felt Brougham? singlespeed/fixie flip flop, you can get a 2013 model for £299 if you look around.

cynic-al
    Free Member

DaveyBoyWonder – Member
    Might be cheaper to buy an old sh*tter of a road bike and an SS kit and ‘lovingly’ convert it yourself…

I fear the hype has sent the prices upwards…

D0NK

For SS any hardtail you want/already own + £47.99 it’s not difficult and there are cheaper ways if you like to bodge.

kayak23

Mango bikes.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Had a look- again bloody pricey tbh.

Nice bikes cost money regardless of the number of gears they have. Both of my fixed wheel machines cost ~£1000

binners

isnt the point that you dont BUY a SS?

you make one from old bits of bike and sellotape and wotnot

Exactly! This has the added advantage nowadays of, when you realise that not having any gears is stupid, you can then punt it on to some flat cap bedecked cockwomble, sporting a moustache like a World War one era Prussian general, for 5 times what it cost you to build, so he can go and lock it to railings outside coffee shops in the Northern Quarter

thepodge
    Free Member

I offered you mine but you never got back to me so I sold it to a student who’d had his nice one nicked.

Fixed gear has dies a bit of a death as it was quickly adopted by the hipster crowd. Everyone that I know has gone back to freewheel but maybe that’s because fixed isn’t ideal for the local area.

Also don’t you already have frame and forks from Morton?

flange
    Free Member

Thanks for that hora – would have been nice if you’d replied to my email rather than starting another post on here

Moron

hora
    Free Member

flange what email?

flange
    Free Member

The one to me asking for pictures of my singular which i replied to. standard lack of response ..

guitarhero
    Free Member

this any good?

hora
    Free Member

flange you sent pics but on reflection I didn’t think I’d pay £600 for it. I didn’t say ‘go on then’ or dibs etc. Just pics please. Why is anyone a moron? £600 is alot if you just want a mucking about commuter/pub bike.

I thought I’d bought a Genesis Day One today- seller had two Marks mixed up, not a biggy it happens. Using your scale of disproportion shouldn’t I be smashing up my pc now?

Kryton57

Hora I have a 19″ white genesis altitude frame which I ran SS, which you can use to build up your hack SS with one of charlie’s kits – £86 posted.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

The best thing(s) about my SS are a) it cost about 150 pounds b) I did the ‘work’ myself.

Roadframe + stw begging threads + LBS bargain bin + LBS “I need a… I’ve got biscuits….” + Dremel/tin of nitromors/can of cheapest paint & laquer from halfords

hora
    Free Member

Cheers guitarhero/Krypton- has to be a full bike. I can’t muster the energy with sourcing/fixing up/bits etc.

Really regret selling my Fuji track bike for £120 a couple of years ago now 🙁

adrian64
    Free Member

Hi Hora I have my cross check up for sale in the classifieds if your interested, dead easy to single speed due to horizontal dropouts.

plus-one

My genesis day one will be up for sale soon .. Nice custom build .. Only issue is wheels are showing sgns of wear but some life left ..

Size 54

binners

My old SS. Tatty frame (Reynolds 525 GT Timberline) was a tenner off ebay. Nitromorsed and powder coated. New drive chain and headset. The rest built up with parts kicking about in the garage, or scrounged off mates. Total outlay £100-120-ish

Its traditional that your hack/pub bike ends up doing more miles than any of your ‘proper’ bikes. Oh… and its illegal to clean them. EVER! Thems the rules!

Alini
    Free Member

Have you searched ‘cycleshops2013’ on fleabay ??? They seem to be knocking fixies out for around £200.

finbar
    Free Member

Here you go. Not mine, but I’ve got one and it’s lovely:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121291358718

daftvader
    Free Member

Specialized singlecross in a size 56 any good? Needs a little tlc but not much, just had new bb and chain, needs new tyres plus the bars have been cut down but still have the drop brakes for it I think. Will sell for £100 plus delivery…. pm if interested….

tomhoward

Award for the not-so subtlest WTD ad goes to…. 😉

jamiesilo
    Free Member

doesn’t sound like you warranted the ‘Moron’ there hora
    and a week’s fair enough after a previous wanted add even tho this isn’t ; )

binners – ‘cockwomble’ i’m having that

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Where are all the fixies/singlespeed etc bikes for sale?!!!!’ is closed to new replies.