Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Where are all the fatbikes?
  • Northwind

Cthulhu rides a fat bike.

monkeyboyjc

No snow today….. lots of fog though.

somafunk

We’ve still got plenty of snow in Galloway, out for 4 hours t’day and my body is feeling it but nothing a warm fire n’ whisky cannot fix

Climbed this no bother but i did have a fit of the giggles at the absurdity of motoring up the hill

Apologies for photobombing the thread, I’m sure the novelty will eventually wear off 😉

rOcKeTdOg

How does the battery cope with the cold weather?

yunki
    Free Member

what that e-bike needs is a more lairy paintjob Kenny 🙂

somafunk

rOcKeTdOg : out for 5 hours/53 miles yesterday on forest roads and into/over the Galloway hills and took it easy with the power settings, i used mainly the eco and tour modes with occasional bursts of sport and turbo for the hills – returned home with 2/5 left on the battery so it would have been quite capable of 80+miles – i don’t think the temp was above freezing for the entire route so i’m pretty chuffed with possibilities.

Out for 23 miles t’day in similar temps and i used tour,sport and turbo as some of the hills were very steep and deep with snow, i returned with 3/5 left on the battery 😯

yunki : Yeah it’s a bit of a wall-flower ain’t it? – i feel it needs some purple in there somewhere 😀

rOcKeTdOg

Things have come along way since lead acid ever readies in my lights would last about 2 miles before dimming

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

What was yer route soma?

somafunk

Yesterday was Kirkcudbright-Glengap-Forest road to Lauriston-up laurieston/gatehouse road to Grobdale of Girthon and through Grobdale lane (old galloway path) to disused railway line at Loch Skerrow -Disused railway line to Raiders Road then up to Clatteringshaws – up Benniguinea radio mast (steep +very deep snow), stopped at top to brew coffee and drink whisky/eat fruit cake and marvel at the Scott, back down to far end of Clatterinshaws and take off road sustrans route 7 from Clatteringshaws to Gatehouse viaduct-Gatehouse for a pint-Cally palace woods-Sandgreen-Carrick and back home.

Today was Kirkcudbright-Glengap-Lairdmannoch estate-Neilsons monument/Barstobrick at Ringford-played about in this area finding stupid hills to climb then down through and round about Queenshill estate (more playing around) – hoofed it along the pavement at side of the A75 to Tarff and back home along the Dee riverside path.

I didn’t see a single person out n’ about yesterday nor today – absolute bliss 😀 and tonight i feel the sort of utter exhaustion that i have not felt for 8 years – it’s been a long time coming and i expect i’ll be off to bed very soon but very happy indeed 🙂

Goldigger
    Free Member

Id love to have a blast on one of those e bikes…
    But then I’ve been wanting a fat bike… So now it’s fatbike or e bike.

Or is it one of these e fatbike?

somafunk

If your ever around the Galloway area (7 stanes) then give me a shout on here and I’ll let you loose on it for a demo.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Two of us running 26X2.3″ tyres in Kielder on saturday. We didn’t die.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhQGhLZIwDA[/video]

ansell007
    Free Member

Fat biking in Tal-y-fan Wales [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGionsi4fLg[/video]

johnnyboy666
    Free Member

I was on Dartmoor yesterday, with the fatbike! I was hoping to see others doing the same but I saw about half a dozen normal bikes and that was it. I was hoping for more snow but still awesome.

postierich
    Free Member

https://www.strava.com/activities/472681119
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/ChBo3r] [/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/CFvft8] [/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

roverpig

I’ve got to say I’m loving the look of that e-bike. The colour scheme looks fantastic in the snow and the whole thing just looks like a right laugh.

Sam

That looks fantastic Rich! Did you really get tent and big sleeping bag and all in those few bags?

Glad to see you are getting out amongst it Kenny, hope to be up your way soon.

10pmix
    Free Member

Out in force in the Surrey Hills yesterday.

postierich
    Free Member

Yes Kenny all in there did have a small rucksack as well will be good to see you jump on the train and come down !

somafunk

Rich, That looks like a proper fat bike ride with overnight bivvy, none of this…. “out for a few hours in the snow then back home to a warm fire” nonsense like the rest of us wimps on the thread, forget the train – at some point this year once I’ve built myself back up to riding a few days in a row I’ll borrow my dads van and come down for a weekends biking n’ drinking.

Sam: attic space/futon and air beds available so no need to book expensive accommodation when you come up this way….I’ll even be able to join you all for a ride now I have my invalid vehicle 😀

I did plan to head out tonight for a spin but the weekends riding has taken its toll, especially after my first full day’s work this year so I’m being sensible and having a night off with my Xmas book “the cordillera – tour divide write up” and malt whisky in front of the fire.

Ps : I’ve not fell off yet 😯 , that’s 5 days I’ve had it in snow n’ ice and not a single crash…..yes!…….I am a riding God 😉

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Where are all the fatbikes?’ is closed to new replies.