Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • where am i going wrong?
  • totalshell

52 married self employed plumber mrs a pharmacist 2 kids house bought and paid for (just up the road from STW towers) couple of buy to lets nothing on tick no credit card debt and we re having 10 days self catering in kettlewell in a cottage for our annual holiday. mrs asking why we cant afford to go to saudi arabia for a fortnight like them folks on the telly, they come from a poor part of a poor town and they can afford it.

where do i go wrong cos i couldnt find the 317 pp for flights for 11 folks plus accomdation all in must be a 6 -8k trip even on the cheap… plus the fines for the all them kids not been in school during term time..

br
    Free Member

mrs asking why we cant afford to go to saudi arabia for a fortnight like them folks on the telly, they come from a poor part of a poor town and they can afford it.

You probably could, just not prepared to spend that much would be my guess – plus they’re going on ‘pilgrimage’, so save for ever and also owe when they get back.

Stoner
    Free Member

so save for ever and also owe when they get back.

course, if you’re not planning on coming back, then doing it on tick is win-win eh! 🙂

the-muffin-man

course, if you’re not planning on coming back, then doing it on tick is win-win eh!

Their local authority will track them down though – no-one gets away without paying fines for kids absence!

D0NK

it’s pretty easy to get money for stuff, whether you can afford it and if it’s so much of a priority for you is a completely different question.

Their local authority will track them down though

well I hope they pass on the details, there’s a few other people looking for them.
    The children’s fathers for a start.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

mrs asking why we cant afford to go to saudi arabia for a fortnight like them folks on the telly, they come from a poor part of a poor town and they can afford it.

Does she really want to go then ? Go on take her…….don’t be a tightwad.

imnotverygood

OMG. Not only are these people ISIS but they must also be benefit scroungers. Is there no end to the evil in ths world?

slowoldman

Kettlewell beats Saudi hands down.

kimbers

instead of buying mountainbikes you could save it all up for a pilgrimage

simples

you could buy your wife a burkah to wear on holiday in kettlewell so she could pretend to be in saudi,

or was the wife comment bit made up as an excuse to troll?

skids
    Free Member

they don’t go to Saudi by choice, they will burn in hell if they don’t go

sobriety
    Free Member

Mrs asking why we cant afford to go to saudi arabia for a fortnight

She may be slightly mistaken, as Saudi Arabia is not a holiday destination. I have the VISA to prove it.

Although it’d be cheap once you got there, as you’d not want ot leave the hotel.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

God’s punishing you for being a plumber

TooTall
    Free Member

I see that smugness doesn’t prevent other issues in life.

igm

just up the road from STW towers

10 days self catering in kettlewell

Forgive me if I got this wrong but you’re going on holiday an hour, hour and a half from home? Don’t you just pop up there for the day if you fancy it?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

It’s more than that if you’re a bare footed, rag clothed, serf pushing a barrow full of your miserable belongings in the driving rain. Like the OP here

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

If saudi’s anything like Dubai at this time of year, the heat combined with the humidity would ensure that you would all be cooped up for the duration of your vacation, praying to Allah that the air conditioning don’t fail! 🙂

A lot of ethical considerations too..

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

And you would have to drive her around too!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘where am i going wrong?’ is closed to new replies.