• This topic has 47 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by 2002.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • whens the new Giant Defy Advanced available?
  • stophe
    Free Member

Yeah, it does make the step up a bit harder to justify. The other thing is that the Pro uses their Overdrive 2, which is 1″1/4 steerer, whereas Advanced has 1″1/8 Overdrive, so it’s easier to get aftermarket stems for the lower model.

In case anyone is interested the reason for the cable tie type mounting for the front disc hoses rather than internal routing which looks much neater, it is because the extra reinforcement needed for the holes adds more weight and reduces the amount of compliance in the fork. Form vs. function I guess

Onzadog
    Free Member

Anyone know what size cranks and bars they have on different sizes? I’m 5’10” but like short cranks (170). Stems are cheaper than cranks but buying a road bike is always a bit tricky.

stophe
    Free Member

Depends on the kit that is fitted to some extent. I’ve just measured a couple of Aluxx Defy models:
    Med Defy 4 – Stem 110mm, crank 172.5
    Med/Large Defy 3 – Stem 115, crank 170

Both run 450 width bars.

It seems most sizes have cranks less than 175, I think even the large size do too.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Onzadog
    Free Member

Cheers.

Jamie
    Free Member

I thought Giant were going to put a bullet in OD2? Or was that just on the MTBs?

jacob46
    Free Member

the advanced will take DI2 wont it?

jacob46
    Free Member

Just spoke to a giant seller and he said the advanced pro is a better quality carbon than the advance. Not sure what to believe now. Oh well there still fantastic frames.

Free Member

How much do you think a club rider of 50+ years would notice between the Advance 1 against the Advance Pro 1 other than the extra £1000. Shop near me at work telling me to go mad and get the pro , I am on a 2012 Defy 1 composite which I have done about 4500 miles in a year.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘whens the new Giant Defy Advanced available?’ is closed to new replies.