Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • When you don't want the day to end…do you ever have those moments ?
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

After having a week off and spending quality time with my wife( first time in years we have laughed really hard together) and two boys we took off for the hills (being a Londoner ) spent a fantastic week in the Lake District walking mainly in the rain and just “being” instead of “doing”…we got back late on Thursday night as I had to work on Friday (yesterday) and today we spent the day at Kew Gardens both boys completely shattered…

…I put the oldest to bed (6yrs old) and laid with him whilst he fell asleep I was blubbing like a baby its been an emotional year so far…(FIL cancer hopefully okay) and my sons best friends mother has cancer hopefully on the mend) her daughter is six years old yesterday we explained to the oldest why her mum has no hair etc it was hard it bought back so many memories for me as my mum also died when I was young. Of course I have to many thoughts running through my head about death children etc (thats for my therapist !)

Its days/weeks like this you have to soak up and embrace them for what they are…absolutely fkucng beautiful .

*Im not being oh its Christmas so lets get emotional as we don’t celebrate Christmas.*

Thanks for reading/listening

CHB

Sounds like you need a fresh delivery of cake and tea!
    Such a small bit of our life is made up of true memorable moments, savour them when you are having them.

All the best for 2014

leffeboy

Thanks for posting that

takisawa2

Nowt to say but good stuff mate.
    It’s all to easy to overlook what is really important.
    Good on you & enjoy the rest of the hols.

althepal

Theyre a gift really. In a similar position to you- so lucky to have my wee family. Most important thing in my life and my reason for being. (Getting a bit dusty in here thinking about this). See so much hurting and pain (and bullshit) everyday at work but I know how lucky I am to be able to come home to them afterwards.
    Sounds like you’ve been having a shitty time of it lately but keep focussing on the good stuff and you’ll get through it. Away to get a hanky now.

boxelder

“Better to want what you have…………”
    Feeling not too dissimilar myself.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

*Im not being oh its Christmas so lets get emotional as we don’t celebrate Christmas.*

Sounds like the modern christmas, remove the religion and spend time with people you want to and enjoying life.

athgray
    Free Member

As above really. It’s good when you remember what is important in life. All the best in 2014.

binners

At the end of the day… Life is just bloody brilliant! As you’ve described so well. Thanks for sharing! It’s great to hear people just enjoying the simple, important stuff.

Highlight of my Christmas so far … We bought the binnerettes (6&9) daft wooly hats for Christmas presents while we were up in the lakes a month ago. The youngest is a purple owl hat with big ears. She thinks it’s the best present you could ever get in the world EVER, and literally hasn’t taken it off for 3 days!

It’s about doing stuff together. With the people who matter! Tomorrow we’ve said we’re all going to pile into our bed, get snuggled up and spend the the whole morning in bed watching DVD’s. Despicable Me 2 is up first. Then a big walk and the pub for Sunday lunch with my mum and dad. I can’t think of anything in the world better

Let’s have a load more happy stories please….

sbob
    Free Member

When you don’t want the day to end…do you ever have those moments?

If you do, bloody well appreciate them!

Glad to hear you had such an amazing time. 🙂

gordimhor

]Its days/weeks like this you have to soak up and embrace them for what they are…absolutely fkucng beautiful .

This is the truth.

matther01
    Free Member

Driven 1200 miles this week to visit family and friends….I’m knackered but seeing everyone has made it all worth it. Today really is my day off rest!

allthepies
    Free Member

Massive group Dutch Oven potential right there.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Enjoy every moment, they do get fewer as they get older.
    We had one 2 nights ago – all of us in the house, log fire, an array of mixed food, wine, beer and nibbles and we howled laughing at a whole series of Big Bang Theory with our teenage boys – top night in.

Make sure you take pics, I have to as my brain doesn’t seem to have a large hard drive so I forget loads of stuff.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘When you don't want the day to end…do you ever have those moments ?’ is closed to new replies.