Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • When you boss says "it would be good for you to take on this extra work…"
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Has that ever been of benefit to anyone other than the boss? It would double my workload rather than being shared around the office. Smells very much of BS bingo to me.

Thoughts?

theotherjonv

ask him what parts of your previous full workload can be passed on to other colleagues / scrapped.

Or, seek out Dilbert from Monday last week.

scaredypants

Ask how, exactly, it'll be good for you. Then ask (assuming you don't have 50% spare capacity) what they want you to drop in order to take this on.

allthepies
    Free Member

Obviously thinks you're slacking.

😉

BillyWhizz
    Free Member

keep taking on the extra work until you're the only person there doing anything, then take a week off sick. When you come back, negotiate a huge pay rise so you don't "get sick" again

🙂

speaker2animals

Rather than ask what bits others can do so you can take on the new work, pick it yourself. "Here you go then, if I now need to be doing X these are the parts of my current workload that someone/Y/Z will need to get done."

mudshark
    Free Member

Work smarter not harder….

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

ask him how? and if he comes up with an acceptable answer ask him how much extra you will be getting… it works both ways.

Onzadog
    Free Member

That Dilbert cartoon about sums it up.

Team meeting today gives a clearer picture. Seems we as department are underperforming. Management don't want to take the blame so the brown stuff rolls down hill!

stumpyjon

Seems we as department are underperforming.

Know that feeling, you're underperforming, not badly managed 🙄

Well you can't beat them, put up and look for something somewhere else, same old sh1t but at least it'll be more money.

br
    Free Member

Don't ask, tell – be proactive.

epicyclo

It's time to get that CV out.

Pieface

What b r says – They may be a crap boss, on the other hand if you show you're willing and present them with a solution rather than another problem (thats why you're getting the extra work) then even better.

However they could be exploiting you.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘When you boss says "it would be good for you to take on this extra work…"’ is closed to new replies.