Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • when you are not riding
  • jedi

do you think about riding? or is it just me?

legend
    Free Member

not quite, 9 times out of 10 I’ll be whacking off 😉

jedi

build ride life for me 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Sometimes

What really gets me is when out for a walk I eye up riding lines all the time

rOcKeTdOg

i had to stop myself on sunday at a party as i was just talking about bikes and riding all the time, i was very one dimensional but it was a nice dimension 🙂

jedi

i’m contstantly scanning woods etc.. for lines

chojin
    Free Member

I’m fairly new to this MTB lark (took it up in the summer) – I’m at the stage where i’m still fresh from being bitten by the bug, and it’s taken over my life pretty much!
    To say it has been all-consuming is an understatement :]

Looking to buy a 3rd bike already heh

MrKmkII
    Free Member

i think about riding a lot, dreaming about touring is up there, but also those vids on dirt bring to mind gnarly stuff. i really fancy a tour of that incorporates a few trail centres and some ace natural stuff!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Often, but usually have to think about other stuff like work, relationships (the horror), the future (what future?), the nature of reality, my favourite beer, etc, etc, etc.

nickegg
    Free Member

When i’m not riding i’m working in a bikeshop 🙂

scaredypants

I..err, don’t .. really..think I fit in round here 😳

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Ride
    Rinse
    Repeat

keyses2

Think about it alot and see lines when i’m out walking.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Yep, think about it a lot! The strange thing is that after riding in California last year, I now struggle for the motivation to get out in the UK (but think abot riding EVEN more!), as I have this feeling I won’t enjoy it as much?? 😥

_tom_
    Free Member

Yeah I think about it all the time. When I walk through town I see ledges, transitions etc which I think would be fun for bmx/street mtb even though I haven’t owned one for ages! Don’t really talk about it much though as no one I know rides so it just bores them 😆

jedi

holiday riding blues!

ltheisinger
    Free Member

jedi – Member

holiday riding blues!

I think you could be right! I have even started planning to ride in California again this year and do some of the place we didn’t get the chance to do last time (and do more in the places we enjoyed most!).

TooTall
    Free Member

Riding is part of my life, not all of it.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Yes, I do. Especially when I walk the miuntains with ma daughter. Or when I drive up North to the shops, or when I’m having icecreams in Carligford and my bike is in Drogheda. Worst of all was when I was at my folks and we went to visit my grandpa who lived in the proper mountains. Nowadays I have a lovely Marin B17 singlespeed at theirs.

druidh
    Free Member

TooTall – Member
    Riding is part of my life, not all of it.

+1 Too many other things to be doing, people to be with.

Hicksy
    Free Member

I think about it a fair bit. After a really good ride I even find myself walking round the house holding an imaginary pair of handlebars! 😳

Eveytime I watch QI I think about riding around the top of the desk thing!

Mountain bikes are brilllllllllliant 😀

ampthill

Often

But this week its been OTT. My son and I had a few runs on the Chicksands 4X course. Pumping not jumping but what a buzz. So its in my mind alot…

We may have to see you for training !-)

hh45
    Free Member

not quite, 9 times out of 10 I’ll be whacking off

is true but then so is this……

What really gets me is when out for a walk I eye up riding lines all the time

I have discovered some of my best stuff when out walking. I also work a fair bit, fanny about on certain forums and occasionally read the paper. And sleep and eat. I’m good at drinking as well.

lexiekay
    Free Member

I’ve spent the last two days at work planning an 11 day bike trip round the country in April 😀

_tom_
    Free Member

holiday riding blues!

I’ll have this really bad in the nearish future, should have a Canadian working visa soon, planning on going to BC for as long as possible 😀

Goz
    Free Member

Ride, work with bikes, ride, switch off, then lurk on here!…..

sharki
    Free Member

Not as much as i have done TBH.

Worse. No!I mean the best time i used to always think of riding, was in bed with the ex.

When it was demanded of me to dabble in the dark art of intercourse with someone i’d grown to despise.
    I needed something nice to distract me from the task i was having to perform.
    Quite often i’d be thinking of riding, as at the time even my fantasies weren’t being of use. I’d taken to thinking all women were snakes with breasts, so couldn’t think of another woman. 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Ummmmm… yeah quite a lot.
    Not as much as I think about other stuff though. Although I have been thinking about coming and visiting your play area quite a bit recently…

djglover
    Free Member

Actualy it used to be a lot. Most of my spare thought, time and cash was invested in biking. Since I had kids I ve got into running and you can sometimes take more rad lines doing that.

Northwind

I try not to think too much, I’m not that good at it. But it’s fair to say riding’s infected me.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘when you are not riding’ is closed to new replies.