Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • When will Fox and Rockshox stop making QR forks?
  • empy
    Free Member

Just got some bargain new wheels via ebay – should have been QR with adapters for 15 mm thru-axle, but turns out they are QR only. Wondering whether i should keep them…

tomhoward

Was it advertised as 15mm compatible? If not, send em back? Do you have a qr fork now? If so, keep em?

timb34
    Free Member

Won’t racers still want QR forks and wheels for quick changes, or can the latest QR15 axles be changed over just as quickly? Or do they just not worry about that kind of thing? (genuine question – I have no idea, never having raced)

GaryLake
    Free Member

I find 9mm QRs much more faffy and slower than 15mm…

empy
    Free Member

They were advertised as 15 mm compatible – so don’t think I’ll have trouble sending them back. I’m OK with QR for this bike (mostly singletrack usage) but will have to swap current QR fork eventually and dont want to limit my choices. Just wondered if any of the big manufacturers had announced whether they were leaving QR behind.

Edric64
    Free Member

All my bikes have 9mm QR whats the problem with them ?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

All my bikes have 9mm QR whats the problem with them ?

Flexier
    Faffier and slower getting wheels in/out, especially since lawyer tabs
    Less secure (Pinder Vs Fox etc)

They work, but they’re a standard carried over from road bikes and in pretty much every way the various through axles have surpassed them.

empy
    Free Member

No problem with 9mm QR forks – unless they stop being made.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘When will Fox and Rockshox stop making QR forks?’ is closed to new replies.