• This topic has 103 replies, 75 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by los.
Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)
  • When was the last time you cried?
  • stuey
    Free Member

Capt. Kronos :Prior to the arrival of my first son I bought a new bike – “my last kidless treat” – He died at 30 days after a mistake at birth. It took months before I could even look at the bike and eventually passed it on.

Seven years on I’ve got a 5 and 4 year old and now getting back in to cycling – thanks largely to STW’ers.

I cry lot more than I used to, but STW helps me laugh too.

<< a bit dusty in here I better mtfu>>

scraprider
    Free Member

prolly this thursday , a friends funeral, all very sudden.

mrgibbons
    Free Member

just now, after reading the bullheart thread.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Yesterday, met my cousins 2 day old baby. My uncle (baby’s grandfather) died last September, It hit me how much he would have loved to have seen his first grandchild, I was keeung the tears back until someone said “he will have met him in heaven already” which didn’t really make sense but I cried like a baby (while the baby smiled and giggled)

philconsequence
    Free Member

watching marley and me when marley puts his head on JA’s lap after she finds out she can’t have kids, then when marley is put down. the beginning of Up, most pixar films have some scene thats designed to make grown men cry, before that… the notebook… pretty much every scene where you can see he loves her as much as i do mrsconsequence. before that… well i could list half my film collection!

as somebody mentioned, visual does it for me… i can listen to horrific stories or rape and murder, mental illness, death all day long and a quick lolcat cheers me up… but if a film lines up the music and throws some kinda act of love, act of defiance, father-son-reconciliation etc etc at me then there will be tears rolling down my cheeks.

bad stuff doesnt make me cry… nice stuff does.

*cyber hug to everyone who needs one*

scotia
    Free Member

Tyred and AH, so sorry. Dont know what you’re going through but lost several family members so know it cant be great.

excellent with the just giving – i will donate.

keep strong the both of you.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Stuey – cheers, still not got back on the mountain bike to be honest. I haven’t had all that much motivation to do so since then – keep meaning to and life keeps getting in the way.

Got a new girlfriend now and a 3 month old son to boot which is taking up a fair bit of time. It doesn’t make the past go away though, and I still get massive waves of sadness at random moments (I think I am over the depression now though)

bikebouy
    Free Member

Bloomin Ek.. some sorry old stories coming out here.

( HUGS ) to all…

Moi, well I didn’t cry when my best mate died (in a motorbike accident) many years ago, I didn’t cry when my cousin died (great mate, committed suicide) I didn’t cry when my Grand Parents died either, I didn’t cry when my Father died (of Bowel Cancer) all this came within a few years mind, whilst some other family stuff was going on.. But I did cry when I split from my first Real GF back then (similar time) where we’d bought a home and planning for the future etc. (that took a while to get over I can tell ya’s) I did cry once when I fell off my bike whilst racing (similar time) I did cry when I lost my business due to recession (similar time) I did cry when one of my dogs had to go back to the farmer we bought him from.
    Now though I tend to have a bit of a weep at silly things, like films, good stories of people overcoming stuff and now little sentimental stuff.
    But in the main I’m very good at detachment, but I think I’ve learned that over the years.

tyredbiker
    Free Member

Way too much sadness going on in the world and until it affected me personally, I know that I was in a bubble of naiveté.

To all those that have lost someone, whether they had the good fortune to know them their whole life or only for a matter of days my condolences.

David wasn’t a saint, but he was irritatingly close! Whether it was cycling for charity (such as his solo ride across America for Find Your Feet or group rides with International childcare trust), working at a centre caring for children with disabilities, or his plan for us to do healthcare work in S.America when he became a doctor, Dave was a truly incredible person and has and will continue to be a source of inspiration.

So this is where I need help from STW-I’m not asking for money (but if you’d like to then the link to the justgving page he set up before leaving is in s previous post) but instead I’m asking for ideas for challenges such as John O’groats to lands end. One day I will finish the ride he started but think I should probably work myself up first

bigyinn
    Free Member

this thread has just set me off again. *cries*

Nobby

mrgibbons – Member
    just now, after reading the bullheart thread.

+1

wwaswas

tyredbiker – I think your best bet is to start a new thread ‘recommend some long distance rides’

say what your long term goal is and give an indication of how many days ridign you want to do in a few events leadign up to it.

personally, I’d start with a long 1 day ride, then a 2 dayer with an overnight stop and so on to build up a bit. Maybe a weeks touring break somewhere with some hills as well.

It’s going to be down to how much time/budget you have really but start slowly and build up is likely to yield the best results for you.

keep a blog (or just diary, if you’re a private person) of your progress too – will help raise funds if people get involved (see bullheart thread for inspiration) and you *may* find that writing about things helps you come to terms with where you are.

keep posting on here too – there’s lots of people who will help.

singletrackhor
    Free Member

Last night after reading Bullheart’s update to his thread.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

I last cried on the 15th June when I heard that my best friend’s 9 month old son had been murdered.

SD-253
    Free Member

When I hear those fateful words LAST ORDERS GENTLEMEN

savo
    Free Member

Didn’t cry when I found out I had cancer last year (lymphoma) just before I turned 40! but can well up a bit while thinking about the future for my wife & young kids. I have been told that hopefully I will be ok but the whole experience totally changed my outlook on life, I work less hours now and appreciate what I have. Doctor give me Citalopram to make me feel better but I found buying a load of bike parts cheered me up a lot better. I drink too much & was probably drunk the last time I cried, hopefully when I finally get the bike sorted I’ll be wanting to get out of bed in the mornings with a clear head ready for a blast along the coast 🙂

tyredbiker
    Free Member

Cheers wwaswas- will do

Scott- that’s truly awful

sharkbait
    Free Member

Two days ago when my 8 month old spaniel brought my new Oakleys to me, then went and got the bits she’d chewed off 🙁
    Wouldn’t be so bad but they’re my third pair in as many months…. at least I didn’t shout at the dog 🙂

toppers3933
    Free Member

I have to agree with Fred on this one. For all the willy waving and bickering that goes on this place can be a true beacon of light in an otherwise dark world sometimes. It makes you realise what you’ve got when you (virtually) meet people who have lost so much.

Tyred, if you ever need people to do your challenges with drop me a line. I will try to help out in anyway possible.

toppers3933
    Free Member

did she eat the other 2 pairs aswell?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Wunundred! 🙂

EDIT: Misses out by 7 seconds. 😥

(Runs off sobbing)

Bunnyhop

Yesterday when I read bullheart’s post and then an hour later when I read there’s a ‘baby bullheart’ on the way.

Oh no I’m welling up again.

Edit – good luck savo

sharkbait
    Free Member

did she eat the other 2 pairs aswell?

No, first pair I lost sailing, second pair I lost on the beach skinny dipping at 1am very very drunk (phosphoresence was amazing though)… which is why i didn’t get angry with the dog as I’d been more stupid!

(Actually I didn’t cry, but I felt like it) I felt a lot better after I spoke to Oakley and they said they’d fix all the damage for a service charge of £16.00 🙂

los
    Free Member

When I got taken for £170 from Abdy Sanders off here (purporting to be an honest stw forum user) – shoulda known those forks were a bit too much of a bargain… 👿

Still, will never PPG again without checking a seller’s history!

Viewing 24 posts - 81 through 104 (of 104 total)

The topic ‘When was the last time you cried?’ is closed to new replies.