Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • When up from my forks came a-bubbling cruuuuuude
  • thestabiliser
    Free Member

Oil that is, green gold, fox float tea. Letting a bit of air out my forks this morning and was greeted by a gush of foamy green oil. I can only presume that this is not good. Now they’re well old and **** and there isn’t a cat in hells chance I’m paying to get them looked at. So what’s the diagnosis, theyre fox open bath (I think) float 120’s (about 2006 off a stumpy fsr comp, but now on the dinglespeed monster tractor) any good servicing/fault finding tips?

gee
    Free Member

If you just pressed the valve you would expect a bit of oil to come out as there is 5cc of lube oil in the air chamber.

Do they still work?

GB

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Sort of, a bit firmer than they normally feel also abit of oil on the stanchions (which are worn so they do weep a bit anyway)

mysterymove
    Free Member

Mine have done the same & its not all doom!
    After a lot research (OK 30 seconds on google) it looks like oil from the lowers pushing past the air seal through a foam ring.

You can either do the repair yourself – essntially remove the internal foam ring (theres loads of tutorials if you google fox forks oil in air chamber)

Or remove all the oil and refil it – which will be my temporary fix as i’m off to the alps on Friday!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘When up from my forks came a-bubbling cruuuuuude’ is closed to new replies.