Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • When the world comes to town (EWS content)
  • nickc

Fab write up thanks, so jealous!!

senorj

Well done .
    Excellent write up.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well the highlights are up and time for a little reflection after a couple more showers and a good night sleep
    [video]https://youtu.be/2AdWA_p0vDU[/video]
    Stage 2 is fairly unrecognisable to when we hit it in one of the heavy downpours…

Overall still so glad I entered but would have much preferred to have been racing in the dust on Saturday, my mud riding is nowhere near what it was.
    Sat in the office feeling every bruise at the moment.

The bike still needs it’s proper clean and fix up, not been brave enough to get to the pads yet…

Overall local lad Kaine Cannan pulled out all the stops as fastest Tasmanian on the day nicking 2nd on Stage 3 and 10th on the Brutal stage 4.
    Former XC racer Rowena Fry was the fastest Tassie lady with 10th overall (the Scott lads were very impressed/scared watching her helmet cams from S4)

Some of the highlights is just how open this format is, watching pro’s doing trail fixes to their bikes, having the same issues as the rest of us and rubbing shoulders/bars with some of the quickest guys in the world was impressive.
    The look on the faces post stage is one that was shared all the way through the field, we may not have all had the same times/speed but I think everyone left it all out there over the day.
    One of the points that was made a few times was this is biking out there, Enduro is a full day out you need to be able to do that without a pit crew, carry your food and water – if it had been hot those with no packs would have been suffering with only 700ml of water being available outside of the tech area (between S3 and 4) – a few comments about jackets but in the end of the day that wouldn’t have kept me any dryer.

Organisationally and the media coverage is amazing and fast, full credit to the guys out there with the cameras, I heard a few were dropping cameras into bags of rice half way through the day. They were still all in the media centre Sunday night while we were partying getting all this crazy stuff out to you guys.

Equality – all the posdiums were called up together
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/T7oyDQ]EWS17_Tasmania_Race-2863[/url] by Enduro World Series, on Flickr
    It’s the same achievement to win whatever catagory you are in.

So if you want to give it a go, deffinatly sign up for the challenge events (it will probably be dry), entrer the lottery and go for the main event if you can and want to.
    Go watch, spectate and heckle as loud as you can it’s something to be a part of.
    Don’t plan a sunny holiday around the EWS…
    Facebook Gallery – should be open to all Mostly general and Challenge pics

muggomagic

Excellent stuff Mike. Part of me wishes there was more live coverage, but getting Live TV involved would most likely be the end of the pro/am aspect of the sport, which would be such a shame.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

but getting Live TV involved would most likely be the end of the pro/am aspect of the sport

In this case probably more risk of electrocution…
    but in this case who needs live tv…
    https://www.facebook.com/SamHillRacing/videos/1434894026570322/?hc_ref=SEARCH
    Sam Hill doing a facebook live from Stage 5 practice with a mobile strapped to his chest. Live TV is on the way out for a lot of things, Anka Martin was wandering around with a phone getting live end of stage reactions from people too

muggomagic

Very true. I’m glued to pinkbike and Instagram on EWS weekend. Lots of alternative coverage.
    Again, well done and thanks for this thread. I’ve really enjoyed it and would love to do something like this one day.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘When the world comes to town (EWS content)’ is closed to new replies.