Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • When posting ads..
  • realconspiracy
    Free Member

Please use this. Makes everyone’s life easier.

Copy the code under message boards for your ad.

http://imgur.com/

[Mod – how about when making posts you get the right Forum, topic moved.]

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Why?

duckman

Or I could just continue to use photobucket if that is all right with you?

pastcaring
    Free Member

+1 why? my photobucket works fine…

stu1972
    Free Member

Why?

realconspiracy
    Free Member

So people can see what they are buying. I thought that’s pretty necessary..

This is mainly for people who post no pictures at all or just throw in a single url to photobucket or whatever other terrible image sharing site.

lipseal
    Free Member

Copy the code under message boards for your ad.

http://imgur.com/

NO

realconspiracy
    Free Member

Pff.

loddrik
    Free Member

To the OP – how about **** off…? The forum has been working just fine for those of us who’ve been around a little longer than a month…

There are other forums if you don’t like the way we do things around here…

realconspiracy
    Free Member

God the ignorance..

Duke
    Free Member

Conan the Barbarian

Teetosugars
    Free Member

realconspiracy – Member
    God the ignorance..

Yeah, we thought that about you, but where just too polite to say it.

realconspiracy
    Free Member

All I did was suggest a useful site for people who don’t post photos in their ads. You can keep typing with one finger on win95 if you like but I think things can and should be improved. Gonna stop posting now so you can keep being immature amongst yourselves 🙂 have fun.

loddrik
    Free Member

There’s nothing I love more than forum ‘members’, with a handfull of posts, all of which are in the classifieds, informing us that we aren’t doing things the way he wants it done.

Classic thread… 😐

bruneep

Bye

Duke
    Free Member

It’s what we do best.

loddrik
    Free Member

I still can’t quite get my head round people coming on here to flog stuff in the classifieds then not contributing in the slightest by posting on the other forums.

ken_shields
    Free Member

loddrik – Member
    To the OP – how about **** off…? The forum has been working just fine for those of us who’ve been around a little longer than a month…

Well said loddrik 😀

How did we all manage before “realconspiracy” came along to tell us all how we should be doing it all properly?

pop-larkin
    Free Member

I must admit although the delivery was totally wrong the link has actually allowed me to post my first ever photo on stw (voodoo wanga for sale – plug plug!)

Northwind

Any image hosting software will do the same, in much the same way. Just that Photobucket and Flickr will do it better

Three_Fish
    Free Member

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Most others make you register and last time i tried flickr it wouldnt download the photo I have just posted saying it was too big- tbh I dont really want a hosting site I just want a medium to transfer photos on my laptop to things like stw

rustler
    Free Member

President realconspiracy has addressed the people.
    It’s like Libya in here tonight.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I still can’t quite get my head round people coming on here to flog stuff in the classifieds then not contributing in the slightest by posting on the other forums.

I don’t think that takes much working out, if you’re selling stuff, you want maximum exposure, so you post on all the MTB forum ads. STW might not be you prefered forum for general chit chat tho. I’ve posted my ads on other forum ads (that’s what they’re provided for I assume), but don’t necesserily bother with them otherwise, it’s no big deal IMO.

duckman

realconspiracy – Member

Why don’t YOU use this.You will like it,they are REALLY fussy about ads.

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/index.php?c=5

Jamie
    Free Member

[Mod – how about when making posts you get the right Forum, topic moved.]

Ohhh get you!

Anyways, regardless of the OPs brusqueness, imgur is actually really good for quick image hosting and has lots of automated solutions, browser/OS plugins, to make uploading to it easy. Plus it needs no registration and has no adverts.

rOcKeTdOg

What you’re saying is that Imgur is for simpletons then?

atlaz
    Free Member

I don’t see that there are no photos in any ads so it’s not like everyone is struggling… however it looks like the OP couldn’t take the heat and has left.

zero to flounce in 3 posts. Must be a record.

Jamie
    Free Member

Oh **** off RD.

Drac

Anyways, regardless of the OPs brusqueness, imgur is actually really good for quick image hosting and has lots of automated solutions, browser/OS plugins, to make uploading to it easy. Plus it needs no registration and has no adverts.

I looked at too, he does have a point it is is useful for those that just want a simple place to host images but his attitude isn’t great.

donsimon
    Free Member

I used http://hostphotofree.com/ last week and it seems fine. Having seen some of the OP’s comments in the For Sale section, I don’t think he/she’ll be missed. Bit of a stroppy twunt.

yunki
    Free Member

I was quite aroused by his assertiveness… 😳

retro83
    Free Member

He makes a good point to be honest. It’s a right PITA asking for pics for everything you’re interested in.

I fail to see how it could be much simpler than IMGUR since you just drag your files from the Finder/Explorer/Nautilus directly into the browser window to upload, and it generates the IMG link for you.

Junkyard
    Free Member

his attitude isn’t great.

you think he is regular then?

johnners
    Free Member

Hope so – I’m going to check it out!

…if I ever sell something that is.

chewkw
    Free Member

🙄

Drac

you think he is regular then?

He has potential.

matchstick
    Free Member

There is alot of keyboard warriors here! 🙄

realconspiracy
    Free Member

I’m glad that some may have found this useful.

I don’t see why people don’t put ads straight into their posts and so I assumed the problem was that it takes too long.

Fed up of seeing ’email me for pics’ or a link to photobucket album with no descriptions of the photos I thought I’d share a link to imgur.com.

With that site, there’s no registration so it takes a matter of seconds to get a link direct to your photo. imgur > flickr, photobucket etc.

Feel free to keep posting, flame as much as you like, more people may see this if you do. Thanks.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘When posting ads..’ is closed to new replies.