Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • When is winter coming?
  • Spin
    Free Member

I’m sick of this biking lark. I want to go skiing.

Rode up Cairngorm in shorts and a baselayer yesterday, same weekend last year I was skiing.

Bloody weather.

ton

no snow coming this year.
    all the fat bikers are gonna be sick as!!

RealMan
    Free Member

Was feeling very warm today, nice and sunny, didn’t even have gloves on. Even took my raincoat off for most of the ride.

Spin
    Free Member

I’ve actually had 2 very pleasant days but it baint be roight, shorts on Cairngorm in November.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Just back from an early morning swim on the beach…. Winter’s a long way away from where I’m sitting!

sweepy
    Free Member

New skis in shed,fingers crossed
    🙂

Spin
    Free Member

Shed? I’m sitting looking longingly at mine right now.

danjthomas
    Free Member

Never mind about the snow, i want autumn to last until the new year. Im not letting the turkey beat me this xmas!!

Vortexracing

got some winter tyres on both cars this year.

What a complete waste of time that was 🙄

sambob
    Free Member

I either want LOADS of snow, or for the weather to be the same as yesterday all autumn. One or the other, not somewhere in the middle.

rOcKeTdOg

Winter is here, been damp, foggy and cold in the NW Alps today, pic from this morning

Belgian by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

trailmonkey

lots of people on dartmoor in shorts and t-shirts today, still haven’t had a frost either.

dawson

on one hand, I’ve bought a snow shovel, new wellies and a bag of grit – so on that basis there will be no snow at all.

on the other hand, there seems to be squillions of berries appearing on the bushes, so its not far away.

mintimperial

My brother-in-law just bought a massive 4×4 for driving his boy to school across the vast icy wilderness that is the south Cotswolds (based on last year), so I suspect we’re not going to get any winter in England until he sells it. I expect we’ve got three or four years at least, he’s not familiar with the sunk-cost fallacy.

I put my mud tyres on earlier this week but I wish I’d not bothered, there was barely a puddle to ride through in the South Pennines this morning. Blazing sunshine above the clouds in the valley and everything. It was splendid. 😀

coastkid
    Free Member

ton – Member

no snow coming this year.
    all the fat bikers are gonna be sick as!!

Not us beach riders! 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘When is winter coming?’ is closed to new replies.