Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • when is the best time of year to buy a bargain tent?
  • odannyboy
    Free Member

would it be end of the autumn when people all stop buying them, or now in the new yaer when everyone is having a sale? or do none of the tent people have sales in january cos its the last thing on peoples minds?

p.s. is there a tent/camping equivelent of chain reaction??

s8tannorm
    Free Member

Depends what you're after really.

http://www.cheaptents.com is worth a look, they have cheap festival and family tents but also what I'll call proper tents. I've not seen them have a sale but the prices are fairly good all year round.

JoB
    Free Member

there's never been a better time to buy cheap camping equipment, for now is the winter of our discount tents

Stoner
    Free Member

I giggled. I feel dirty. 🙁

BigJohn

Beat me to it you bugger.

odannyboy
    Free Member

very good job, very good.

i want a massive 9 man plus tent if it is relevent…

noteeth
    Free Member

The old discounted ones are the best.

erbii
    Free Member

January the 10th give or take a day or two.

seahouse
    Free Member

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/go-camping

I find these guys are cheap

skidartist
    Free Member

Cheaptents.com is also an actual real world shop, rather than a warehouse and a phone, so if you are in the north west you can pop in and see the tents (they have a fair few of them on display) useful for buying smaller tents where you might want to try them for size.

Milt
    Free Member

went yesterday to get one thinking they'd be cheap. Had my eye on one for £100. It's now called the 2010 version, & despite no differences, £120.
    & was told most 2010 stock will be arriving in March (at the shop I went to)
    I didn't bother getting one.
    shops are still advertising 2009 ones online, probably your best bet.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Or… depending on how stingy you are being & what you need it for…
    Tesco are selling off their '4 man' single-skin square-dome tent for £7.50, down from an alledged £30!
    I've bought one for Glastonbury festival so I don't trash my better ones, and will be re-waterproofing it to make sure it doesn't leak if/when it rains.

MartynS

I've got a huge 6 man tent I'd sell.. Mail me if you're interested

TheDTs
    Free Member

saw some great deals at Go outdoors.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘when is the best time of year to buy a bargain tent?’ is closed to new replies.