Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • When is it ok to have a 'dusty' moment?
  • Smudger666

Band of brothers. Episode 3 – the laundry scene.
    Nuff said. Sniff.
    Chapeau mes braves.

nealglover
    Free Member

Quite a few of them during Band of Brothers.

Even on the second and third watching.

yunki
    Free Member

At the finale. Of a really rousing performance of Les Mis

joshvegas
    Free Member

Anne Franks house, sachsenhausen, war cemetaries muzt have been alot of gravel in the air.

The end of band of brothers when they are playing baseball and their lives are describe thats the bit i found most hard hitting.

sandwicheater

Yep, that laundry scene. Wife must have been doing some dusting last few times a watched it.

wwaswas

Toy Story 3.

Several times.

Sandwich

The small “death march” memorial to the Jews outside Grunwald. Pebble left on it amid the sunshine and birdsong of the wooded verge.

teasel
    Free Member

The opening credits of Mamma Mia.

gonefishin
    Free Member

The small “death march” memorial to the Jews outside Grunwald.

Along similar lines I’ll add S-21.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Whenever you feel like it. Ask questions later…

Jamie
    Free Member

You do realise calling it a ‘dusty moment’, doesn’t disguise the fact you cried like a little girl. 😀

BoardinBob

The end of Stand By Me when River Phoenix walks away and Richard Dreyfuss’ voice over tells what happened to him.

Northwind

Three_Fish – Member

Whenever you feel like it.

Correct

kudos
    Free Member

My Girl… I know, I know, on paper, Mackauley Culkin getting stung to death by bees should be cause for tears of joy, but when that little girl reads her poem at the end… Sniff 😥

AdamW
    Free Member

When I think of my wonderful dog who has just had cruciate ligament surgery.

I don’t think he’s sniffed any unattended bags, but I am vigilant.

Though seriously I have difficulty getting through “24 hours in A&E”. I blame the male menopause. Or something.

franksinatra

After lying down/falling on to a camp bed when your dodgy back is playing up resulting in femoral nerve pain down the entire length of your leg. I screamed like a girl and cried like a baby. Then having to sit in a cheap camping chair whilst watching your wife pack everything up to end the camping trip early with three very disappointed kids.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Read the serious case review of Victoria Climbie as part of work. Jesus wept, had to take lots of pauses to breathe. Incomprehensible.

fasthaggis

You do realise calling it a ‘dusty moment’, doesn’t disguise the fact you cried like a little girl have problems expressing emotions.

I think that’s what you meant Jamie 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

I think that’s what you meant Jamie

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Anything to do with kids – bloody fatherhood!

spawnofyorkshire

Takes a lot for me to get dusty eyes, but Mrs Marsdenmans message the other day got me

I needed to leave the office for a few minutes after reading about his passing.

I never even met him

nbt

I did meet him and I cried when I heard the news. I am going to be crying rivers at his funeral

While riding round Gisburn yesterday I saw a random guy who reminded me of DeeJay and choked up at the mere sight.

woody2000

I’d love a good cry, but something always stops me just before the taps open. Makes me look like a right heartless barsteward sometimes 😐

globalti
    Free Member

My disappointment at Cav’s crash out of the Tour caught me by surprise. I had been so much looking forward to a thrilling sprint even though I reckon Kittel would have beaten him anyway.

Clobber
    Free Member

The bit in Elf where Christmas spirit powers Santa’s sleigh, always gives me a lump in my throat…

Northwind

I figure if it’s alright for Stitch to cry, it’s alright for me to cry.

CountZero

The opening sequence of Up. Just thinking about it gives me a hot feeling in the back of my throat, and my eyes get all itchy. 🙁

cynic-al
    Free Member

Anytime John Lewis miss-sell you a tv.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

^^ Countzero yup. That got me by surprise.

technicallyinept
    Free Member

The end of Stand By Me when River Phoenix walks away and Richard Dreyfuss’ voice over tells what happened to him.

^^ this

roper
    Free Member

when one’s wife refuses amorous advances I think it’s only fair to wail and blow nose bubbles.

funkmasterp

Whenever one of those ‘the only way is….’ TV shows is on. I weep for mankind 😥

Jamie
    Free Member

The opening sequence of Up. Just thinking about it gives me a hot feeling in the back of my throat, and my eyes get all itchy.

CRY FOR ME! 😛

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLprjxFhs8s[/video]

*rubs bit of grit out of eye*

RustySpanner

The wedding scene in The Deerhunter.
    You know what’s going to happen, but there’s nothing you can do about it.

And all of the above.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Looking at my wife realising nothing will stop the god awful disease she has taking her away from my son and I.
    Every day I cry. She’s my life.

funkmasterp

That’s shit Candodavid, I wish there were some words I could say that would bring you even a modicum of comfort. All my best wishes to you and yours.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘When is it ok to have a 'dusty' moment?’ is closed to new replies.