Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • When im in charge…
  • one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

…it will be illegeal to:

Hold driving lessons between 8-9am.

Drive at more than 25% below the marked speed limit on A roads (rule of sense applied – i.e. not applicable on narrow country lanes etc)

In addition Snipers will be posted on tall buildings and have permission to shoot to kill anyone spotted not indicating, parking on double yellow lines to drop kids at school, and stopping in yellow hatched boxes.

There will be more.

Drac

So will you have to resit your test everyday?

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

So will you have to resit your test everyday?

Does not compute.

I think you mean hold a driving license between 8-9am?

ForkingOurSouls
    Free Member

What about people who won't enter box junctions even when their exit is clear? I had a standup row with an old guy who refused to enter a junction while the filter light changed 3 times. I had time to google the relevant information on my Blackberry before hitting him on the forehead with it.

The snipers are a good idea, and you should do like they do in Japan. After you've faced a firing squad, your family receive an invoice for the bullets. Genius!

I'd put snipers at mini-roundabouts too. Anyone that stops when it's their right-of-way… Pow! Pow! Pow! In fact, anyone who so much as glances to their left… Pow!

And rather than making a big song and dance when a pedestrian gets hit by a car and they're at fault, they should be ridiculed. Made a mockery of. It's the only effective way to raise standards.

Drac

So your revoking them which means you would have to reapply.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

So your revoking them which means you would have to reapply.

What are you on about?

I hold a driving license – i have had driving lessons. I dont hold them.

I just want L plated cars to be banned during rush hour – driving at 14mph on a single carridgeway road where there is no hope of passing should be illegal. End of.

Also middle lane drivers – there should be big electro magnets under motorway bridges that physically picks up the offending car – then an artic is sent and its dropped it on to the back and taken to the crusher incumbents and all.

juan
    Free Member

I just want L plated cars to be banned during rush hour – driving at 14mph on a single carridgeway road where there is no hope of passing should be illegal. End of.

Yes and **** bicyle riding at 14mph too bunch of tax dodger lycra clad jumping red light herbal tea drinker…
    Me think you should change your logging to sad old grumpy git…

ForkingOurSouls
    Free Member

It should be illegal to drive in convoys of more than one car if one or more of those cars is black; a Daimler; or contains floral bouquets spelling out "Dad" or "Grandma" etc.

There needs to be additional legislation restricting men in top hats walking in front of modified black cars. And horse-drawn carriages will be made a criminal offense punishable by death.

Drac

I hold a driving license – i have had driving lessons. I dont hold them.

I read it as licence. 😳

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Yes and **** bicyle riding at 14mph too bunch of tax dodger lycra clad jumping red light herbal tea drinker…
    Me think you should change your logging to sad old grumpy git…

Sounds like youv'e been listening to that Daily Fail reports spiel too much Juan.

Bikes are not the problem, even if i have to wait a moment or two to get by 90% of the time you can safely pass a bike. Where as passing a car on the particular roads im thinking off is impossible. Its entirely different.

Smee
    Free Member

Thankfully it's me that'll be in charge and my first duty will be to cull ALL the road going muppets – If I were you I'd emigrate now…

juan
    Free Member

you can safely pass a bike.

An not a car hum… Now see if it was that safe (leaving 1.5m to overtake the bike) you could as easily overtake the car.

Drac

Thankfully it's me that'll be in charge and my first duty will be to cull ALL the road going muppets – If I were you I'd emigrate now…

Will you be starting with the drivers who think it's not necessary to check to the left on roundabouts?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

..it will be illegeal to:

Drive at more than 25% below the marked speed limit on A roads

How does that work then ? You won't be allowed to do more than 30mph in a 40mph speed limit ?

Smee
    Free Member

No, because them i would have to cull myself.

nickc

When I'm in charge I'll pass laws forbidding hippies to drink too much coffee in the morning before leaving for work…

Drac

No, because them i would have to cull myself.

Bonus.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

you can safely pass a bike.

An not a car hum… Now see if it was that safe (leaving 1.5m to overtake the bike) you could as easily overtake the car.

Yes quite easily pass a bike while leaving a wide safety margin – what with being a cyclist im quite considerate to other cyclists. However you appear to have forgotten that to pass a car in a similar safe manner you have to allow for the other 6foot extra width of car which would put you fully in the opposing lane you condescending prick.

Smee
    Free Member

O_H_H – leave a coffins length when you're passing a bike. Because if you dont and they fall off that's where they'll end up.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

I leave plenty of margin. Way more than if i was passing a car. Having been taking off my bike by 7 cars in 5 years in southampton im more than aware of the danger to cyclists. If the road is clear in the opposite direction then thats where I am when I pass. However im arguing that with the width of the road its safe to pass a bike with plenty of space however with the extra width of a car (even passing closer than i would a cyclist) there isnt space to get by.

ForkingOurSouls
    Free Member

leave a coffins length when you're passing a bike. Because if you dont and they fall off that's where they'll end up.

…and we'll have another f**king funeral procession clogging the roads up whilst honest working folk like me are out trying to make a living.

uplink
    Free Member

Having been taking off my bike by 7 cars in 5 years in southampton

You know that saying about making your own luck?……….

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Funeral processions are easy to overtake, I do it all the time – just drop a gear, beep, and put your foot down.

BlingBling
    Free Member

When I'm in charge:

1) You wont be allowed to ride your bike on the road until you've passed your driving test in a car.

2) Women will not be allowed to drive cars.

GrahamS

Bikes are easy to pass:

simply wait till a split second before overtaking them, give an almighty blast on the horn while passing them at speed then have a good chuckle as the city-boy ponces in fluorescent Spider-Man outfits totter into a hedge.

GrahamS

When I'm in charge:

1) You wont be allowed to ride your bike on the road until you've passed your driving test in a car.

And when I'm in charge you won't be allowed to pass your driving test until you have spent two weeks riding around the roads on a bike.

BlingBling
    Free Member

GrahamS sounds about fair to me.

uplink
    Free Member

Bikes are easy to pass:

I find it much better to just sit there, a metre or so behind & to the side of them
    They do seem to start looking around a lot, rather than paying attention to where they're going though 😕

samuri
    Free Member

Yeah, if I was in charge I'd ban private cars altogether. And I'd bring in a load of ostriches for people to ride about on.

IanMunro
    Free Member

When I'm in charge I'm going to have a big gold throne and lots of naked ladies.
    I'll leave the transport problems to someone else.

iDave
    Free Member

When I'm in charge…

you won't be – not now, not ever

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘When im in charge…’ is closed to new replies.