Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • When does your bike become old?
  • withersea
    Free Member

My back brake gave upon my my Enduro 2006 whilst cycling around Coed y Brenin on the first day of a cycling weekend. I couldn’t get it repaired so I decided to rent a new Enduro the next day. Within ten minutes of riding the new bike I couldn’t believe the difference between the two.

Whilst I recognise that bike technology progresses year on year should the difference be that noticeable? I am not sure if cycling technology has just moved on that much, or whether I was just getting carried away because I was riding a ‘new’ bike?

Anyone had a similar experience? I know the important thing is just getting out and riding….but I’d be interested in what you all think!

ton

after about 6 weeks.
    i have a high boredom threshold… 😆

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

when i’ve no longer got confidence in the frame.

the alu hardtail lasted 3 years before i gave up after the freehub packed in on it’s second set of wheels.

the current bike is coming up to 3 years old, but it’ll be another 3 before its “old” as ive hardly ridden it due to various injuries. i want another bike (cannondle propet 2, pitch pro or old enduo) but don’ ned it so its staying i my imaginary bie shed for a few years while i get some kind of value for money out of this one.

Rule of thumb, when ive ridden it ride for every £2 it cost. whch presumng i get to ride again by this summer will take about 4 years now!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    matt_outandabout

My sub5 – after 7 years of hard labour, and the shock mounts rounded and the cable wear became somewhat excessive in some critical (DT, just behind HT) areas….

Basically, 14st of me, battering down Peak/Lakes/Scottish descents on that frame, wore the poor thing out.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘When does your bike become old?’ is closed to new replies.