Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • When does the 'Parcel Force 48' service actually take 48 hours?
  • cokie

[First world problem]
    I stopped using Parcel Force and Royal Mail a while ago. Their service is slow, expensive and they have too many restrictions. As a buyer I can’t control it though.

The last 2 years of orders from Parcel Force/Royal Mail have all been late. Bits ranging in size from bar ends to bikes.

How do Amazon get things to me in under 24 hours?

Currently waiting on a frame that was sent 4 working days ago via ‘Parcel Force 48’..

Maybe the Posti has something against me.

[/First world problem]

scotroutes

4 days ago including the weekend?

cokie

Nope, 4 working days.
    Tracking still puts it at ‘National Hub’ as of this morning.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Merak

You can claim partial payment back for delayed delivery.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

When does the ‘Parcel Force 48’ service actually take 48 hours?

every time I’ve ever used it

same with royal mail tracked 48 or whatever wiggle send stuff out as,

i’ve had delivered probably 500 parcels this year, and shipped out several times that amount, plus 100 or so with Hermes who people hate (and I’ve never had an issue with Yodel/Planet-X) and rarely had a delay, and i think twice I’ve had something go missing, and one of those times it was returned to sender as it was collected from the sorting office

when these courier/postage issue and anti-eBay/PayPal threads come up i do wonder how unlucky some people can be, or wether they are just dawbing crayon on a box in the slim hope it gets to the right place

richardthird

That wheel you send me by MyHermes got here Next Working Day before 10AM! Awesome (but our local Hermes/Yodel/Next delivery chap is very good & reliable)

xora

Does it have the same small print as the 24 hours service where it says something like “does not actually mean 24 hours”?

amedias
    Free Member

frame that was sent 4 working

Define ‘sent’

until the Parcel force man has actually got it in his van the clock doesn’t start ticking, parcel behind the counter wawaiting pickup doesn’t count, label printed/collection booked doesn’t count.

I’ve sent stuff on a Friday afternoon, before, missed the last PF collection, so not actually collected until Monday at some point, and then delivered Wednesday, that’s still valid delivery for the 48hr service.

Or based on what you say about being in national hub it could be lost/damaged/delayed, sadly things like that do happen from time to time, but my experience with Parcel Force has always been pretty good, if expensive.

kcal

waiting on stuff that was sent ParcelForce 48 last Tuesday/Wednesday. At least according to the shipper..

The problem – or part of the problem – is that other couriers will add on additional costs for shipping to this postcode (same with scotroutes possibly) so it’s a bit of a no win situation, at least PF are a national service and may be a bit delayed but don’t ramp up the delivery because we’re closer to the sender than Cornwall for example..

cokie

Sounds like I’m rather unlucky in that case! Anything by the Royal Mail group seems to always be late. This isn’t an isolated case. I just feel like throwing my toys out the pram because I want my frame 😆 .
    Geographically- I’m located in a very small rural village about 25 minutes from Newbury. Not sure if that’s relevant. I never have issues with any other courier service.

rocketman
    Free Member

Have never had a problem with PF 48. They’ve cut it fine a few times but they’ve always delivered

As above the ‘shipped’ or ‘pre-advised’ bit simply means the retailer has printed the label and the box is ready to be collected

As an aside, now that Wiggle’s warehouse is a mere 25 miles down the motorway their delivery times are just AWESOME

cokie

Define ‘sent’

Seems to always start with ‘Collected from Post Office’ or ‘Collected from customer’.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

As an aside, now that Wiggle’s warehouse is a mere 25 miles down the motorway their delivery times are just AWESOME

doesn’t make a difference surely? parcels and post are sent to a central hub no?

case being Parcelforce for me if i ship a parcel to Doncaster , they collect, take it to the local depot (Doncaster) then to the National Hub, then back to Doncaster, then out for delivery

kerley
    Free Member

You can claim partial payment back for delayed delivery.

Only as the sender.

I like Parcelforce and the Post Office. If I miss a delivery (which is pretty much every one because I can’t get items delivered to workplace then I can just pop down to the collection office on way to work (unless some depots that are around 30 miles away)

The only company to provide a better service for the 1,000s of items I have bought is DPD and they are way ahead of all the other delivery companies with their use of technology (very simple technology like mail & text notifications, ability to change delivery day BEFORE it arrives and gets a missed delivery etc,.)

dirtyrider
    Free Member

DPD is even better now as you can request drop off/have stuff collected from a number of local outlets (mine all seem to be Chemists?)

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

You should have got the frame delivered by the seller, that’s how I did it 😀

cokie

Wouldn’t that be nice Thrustyjust 😆 ! What are the chances of that happening..

nealglover
    Free Member

When does the ‘Parcel Force 48’ service actually take 48 hours?

We send out roughly 200 parcels a week from work using the 24 or 48 hour service from Parcelforce.

Way over 99% are delivered within the timeframe (there is a claim placed if they don’t)

cokie

Small update- the frames out for delivery finally! That’s 5 working days after collection. A set of forks were collected via UPS yesterday at 11:00 am and are out for delivery today, as of 5:00 am. I’ve also got a Reverb that’s out for delivery with DPD today that was dispatched yesterday. I can only assume I’m unlucky with Royal Mail.

rocketman
    Free Member

doesn’t make a difference surely? parcels and post are sent to a central hub no?

When Wiggle’s warehouse was in Portsmouth the parcels went to the SW distribution centre first but now the tracking shows they go straight to our local depot.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

OP It seems you’re unlucky,I ordered from CRC last Friday,standard delivery,received the parcel Saturday morning.
    I’ve probably cursed myself now…

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘When does the 'Parcel Force 48' service actually take 48 hours?’ is closed to new replies.