Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • When discussing Scottish, Welsh and Irish "parliaments" the one you missed is…
  • igm

…not the the English one. For the avoidance of doubt Westminster is the British parliament.

Now should England have it's own parliament? Personally I think yes – it might help solve some interesting issues. Maybe based in one of the larger cities, Brum, Manchester, or one of the historical seat of power say York or the like.

But the next person who says "the fact there are virtually no Tory MPs in Scotland isn't an issue because they have their own parliament" wants taking out and shooting.

bruneep

anyone who has the desire to be an MP wants taking out and shot.

epicyclo

The cure for the United Kingdom is separate parliaments. Let the English have Westminster.

Then place the UK parliament somewhere central to its function. Carlisle for example.

WackoAK
    Free Member

It's already been asked and the vote was against it

sv

The 2nd missing one is the Northern Irish 'Parliament' 😉

druidh
    Free Member

And the Manx one

igm

sv – you are entirely correct. A typo on my part.

druidh – Never quite sure about the Isle of Man. It comes under Lizzie, but does it come under Westminster?

ourmaninthenorth

wants taking out and shooting

Never mind a parliament for the English, how about some English?

druidh
    Free Member

igm – Member

druidh – Never quite sure about the Isle of Man. It comes under Lizzie, but does it come under Westminster?

Nah – I think it's like her pet state or something :-~)

cynic-al
    Free Member

..not the the English one. For the avoidance of doubt Westminster is the British parliament

EPIC FAIL

Edric64
    Free Member

And the Manx one ( seperate country)

druidh
    Free Member

Echo…

echo….

echo….

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘When discussing Scottish, Welsh and Irish "parliaments" the one you missed is…’ is closed to new replies.