Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 127 total)
  • When did you last listen to a whole album?
  • binners

And what was it?

Occasionally, in this age of Spotify playlists, and shuffle, on the rare occasions I have the luxury todo so, I’ll have a trip down memory lane and shove Dark Side of the Moon or Screamadelica on, but I just Downloaded Public Service Broadcasting – the Race For Space – and listened to it from start to finish, while pottering around in the kitchen making a roast. It was absolutely bloody brilliant!! All the better for feeling like an album rather than a collection of tunes.

I need to do this more often. Next one up is the Streets – a Grand Don’t Come for Free – because that has a proper narrative.

What should I listen to after that? What’s you recomendation then? Full albums only. The newer the better.

GO!

bikebouy
    Free Member

This..

l

SaxonRider

Bing Crosby’s Christmas album, last Christmas. Seriously.

Spotify and Youtube have given me ADHD when it comes to music.

Actually, that’s not exactly true. I will listen to an entire classical or jazz album all the way through. I just love to DJ rock/pop music when I am writing at at the kitchen table, so I NEVER make it through an entire album anymore.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tops5
    Free Member

New order – Music complete. 1st one in ages though!

nealglover
    Free Member

Friday at work. Stone Roses first album.

VanHalen

Fuzz II on Friday at work. Along with killing jokes new album and cancer bats hail destroyer. Had a load of CAD to do.

Often listen to stuff at home. I can’t be arsed to compile playlists or wotnot. Pick an album press play.

Listened to my vinyl version of sleeps holy mountain and the daughters royal blood on Wed night.

footflaps

quite often on Spotify, last one was probably Rush, Signals….

AlasdairMc

Dark Side of the Moon is an album I always listen to all the way through, but more recently was Radiohead 01 10 where you alternate tracks from OK Computer and In Rainbows to make one big album. That was worth it (youtube can help here)

sc-xc

The new Libertines album. It’s the first thing in years I keep going back to.

The new Richard Hawley album seems good, but I only got half way through earlier

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I’ve listened to 3 today.

I love you Honeybear by Father John Misty, Postcards from Ursa Minor by Will Varley (several times) and The Bones Of What You Believe by CHVRCHES.

If you like A Grand Don’t Come for Free then try “Everybody Down” by Kate Tempest. Similar style and a single narrative thread throughout the album.

I am old, so tend to still view albums as a collection of songs to be listened to in order from start to finish.

Edukator
    Free Member

Slade Alive on vinyl (so I had to turn it over) about a month ago.

binners

Got the War Rooms EP on now. I fancy the New Order and the Libertines. I bloody love them both. Good call!

Keep em coming!

trail_rat
    Free Member

quite often as i hate random switching back and forth through music styles …..

Most albums have undertones of telling a story as well so many songs go better in an album situation

binners

MuppetWrangler – I love Kate Tempest. Saw her live earlier this year. Best gig I’ve been to in years! She’s amazing!

matt_outandabout

A couple of weeks ago – Public Service Broadcasting

hora
    Free Member

Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not

CountZero

I listened to two last night, two Friday, and three on Thursday; last night it was Paper Aeroplanes, Friday Guy Garvey and Shawn Colvin’s new albums, and Thursday Guy Garvey, Shawn Colvin and Patty Griffin.
    If I’m out with the pod or phone, they’re always on shuffle, but if I’m at home, then I select albums on the computer and play them right through on the hifi.

aa
    Free Member

As often as I can.
    Today I’ve listened to 3 complete albums.
    Art Pepper – Straight Life
    Dave Brubeck – Giants of Jazz compilation
    G Love and Special Sauce – Sugar
    And some Lou Donaldson

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Leftfield – Leftism quite often.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Just finished Squeeze’s greatest hits and half way through Massive Attack’s Blue Lines. To complete the picture, wood burner is on, drinking a cheeky Fidencio red sourced for under 3 euros and had a 45km club mtb ride in clear blue skies this morning. Did I mention I was in Cataluna 😉

tomhoward

What’s the story (morning glory)? A few weeks ago. 50 minutes of aural pleasure

kjcc25
    Free Member

This afternoon – Robert Johnson The Complete Recordings

Josh T Pearson Last of the Country Gentlemen (My daughter plays cello on this album)

hairyscary

Technique by New Order a few weeks ago in the car. I don’t have an IPod, MP3 etc, so if I listen to music it will be a CD in the car on a long journey. I tried listening to a Spiritualized album whilst driving from Aberdeen to Manchester after a night shift……lasted about 5 minutes before I realised it was not a good idea.
    Can’t help you with the new stuff though, I stopped listening to new bands in about 1996.

bikebouy
    Free Member

For some strange reason my pic didn’t show up ^^, but anyhoos’ for me there is nothing better than coming in from a ride, shower and something to eat then crash on the sofa listening to an album.. yesterday was this..

codybrennan
    Free Member

Today:

“Kimono my House” and “Lil’ Beethoven”, both by Sparks.

About 75% of “Screamadelica” just afterwards, then ran out of time.

Yesterday, “Yankee Hotel Foxtrot” and “Homework”.

TheFlyingOx

Keep going back to Air – Moon Safari and Les Rhythmes Digitales – Darkdancer. There’s not a bad tune on either of them.

Today I’ve listened to the Darkness’ new one – Last Of Our Kind. It’s properly superb 80’s rock done right.

somafunk

I’m still old school with my listening tastes as i don’t have/use spotify or streaming services so i tend to pick something that matches my mood or state of mind and play it through it’s entirety, last night i sat and listened to Nils Frahm – Solo, Andy Stott – We Stay Together and i drifted off to sleep with an oldie (but one of the most sublime compilation albums of all time) Nick Warren – Back To Mine

This afternoon whilst out on a bimble with the bike & dog i worked through Chvrches – Every Open Eye, Sexwitch – Sexwitch (natasha kahn/dan carey/toy) and i brought myself back down with Tunng – Live at The BBC

It helps that i live by myself so i can listen to whatever i like/whenever i like.

Edric64
    Free Member

I only listen to cds and don’t have an ipod or any stored music so I always listen to whole albums

martymac

last night, in the car, via a cd player (remember them?)
    rumours, fleetwood mac.
    and it still sounds **** great.

durhambiker
    Free Member

Just now, finishing listening to Girls, Girls, Girls by Motley Crue. Often listen to full albums as if the radio is doing my head in driving the van I’ll put a cd on and leave it be

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

1D’s new album.

All killer, no filler.

ernie67

I bought Post War Glamour Girls album ( blue vinyl ) on Friday – played it all the way through …..excellent !

Saccades
    Free Member

Err – today, Presidents of the United States of America. Pretty much their whole back catalogue has been played in the back ground today.

Saturday was Dave Pearce – Trance anthems

Friday was Saxon – St Georges day sacrifice (disc 2, inc an awesome version of Princess of the Night).

Thursday was disc 1 of the above.

Wednesday was Bloc Party – weekend in the city

Tuesday…. Err either James or more saxon.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

earlier today, The Adolescents LP.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRjtfJKDXc4[/video]

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Yesterday

jimdubleyou

Last week on the tube – Rudimental, We The Generation.

colournoise

Yesterday. Was tidying up in the office/study/den/games room and thought I’d actually use the turntable I set up in there when we moved in.

Got through a few 90s gems on vinyl. Nowhere. Peggy Suicide. Sebastopol Road. Finished up with Who Cares Wins.

palmer77
    Free Member

Prodigy: ‘The Day is My Enemy

rj
    Free Member

About 20 minutes ago while making dinner – Get to Heaven by Everything Everything.

nuke

Kasabian 48:13 back when it was released so June 2014

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 127 total)

The topic ‘When did you last listen to a whole album?’ is closed to new replies.