• This topic has 22 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by nach.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • When did you last learn something new on a bike? Today I learned..
  • scruzer
    Free Member

To ride on rollers. Bought at 11:00, set up at 1.00 , mastered (the basics) by 1:30. Very satisfying learning something new on a bike!

slowrider
    Free Member

I think the last thing I learned was to ride over sizeable fallen trees. That was on an xc ride with Jedi last summer. Cheers dude!

It is a wicked feeling for sure; riding a new line, jump or stunt is good but something completely new is ace!

higthepig
    Free Member

I learnt Rocket Rons are not suitable for the trails around me today, as I spent the ride spinning my back wheel or having loads of moments as I lost directional control and speared off into nettles/thorns, my legs and arms are now tingling like I’m plugged into the mains and I look like I have been self harming with sharp things.

Good ride though 😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jedi

was so good 🙂

rickon
    Free Member

Everyday is a schoolday for me on the bike.

Candodavid
    Free Member

I learned last weekend that the Lake District has some awesome riding and I so need to go back sooner rather than later

GolfChick
    Free Member

Gonna join on the Jedi bandwagon im afraid. First session with him not long ago and not so much learnt something new as learnt something old…..

larrythelathe
    Free Member

I learnt the over day I never really leant the bike over. Know I am I have found a bag load more grip in corners.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

I think the last thing I learned was to ride over sizeable fallen trees. That was on an xc ride with Jedi last summer. Cheers dude!

How sizeable is sizeable?

weeksy

Today, swinley forest jump gully, I learned I can actually nail 4 jumps in quick succession and make a long run of it.

Thanks Jedi.

slowrider
    Free Member

Sizeable is bigger than I thought was rideable, bigger than my wheels easy. Then when I discovered they were rideable he went and demonstrated that one’s twice the size were rideable too. I haven’t quite got there yet…

jedi

simple and it works tom. see you next week i hope

slowrider
    Free Member

Deffo

Lester
    Free Member

another +1 for Jedi
    I learnt that what you learn on a skills day actually does work on the trail.
    Gap jump success turns into ditch jump success, practising berm techniques helps on all fast bends, body position on the bike makes for smoother riding and more control. I just wish i had done a skills course with Jedi 10 years ago.
    The feeling of achievement is very very satisfying with more to come

Euro
    Free Member

I’m in the process of learning to use gears more effectively. I spent so long on bikes that didn’t have any so when i got a mtb i hardly used them. I’d just pick a gear and cycle until my legs got tired, then change to an easier one. Now i’m changing before my legs give up and it makes going up hills so much easier. I’ve been cycling for as long as i can remember and i’m only getting this now! 😳

jedi

Lester,your face when you rode the 1st ditch was a picture

maxtorque

Not to practice your “show off to the girls doing a massive wheelie” skills when your rear brake is down to the metal after 45miles of muddy cross country riding. #landedonmyass 😉

kwack
    Free Member

Wearing helmets are a must..cartwheeled today and landed on my bonce split the helmet so need a new one

Lester
    Free Member

ive been mountain biking for 25 years and never enjoyed it as much as i do now, proving you are never too old to learn something new, all thanks to a skills day with Jedi in November last year.
    its all smiles per miles now, even when i fall off trying something new i have a big grin, and more to the point I WILL TRY new things that i never knew possible for me to do thanks to Jedi`s patience and teaching skills and encouragement

weeksy

Same as you really, I’ve done stuff this year I would never ever ever have considered before

jedi

Bikes rock!it enables us to meet people we’d never know otherwise

neil29679
    Free Member

Any recommendations for a skills day/course in Scottish Highlands. Options seem a bit limited and would prefer a recommendation

nach
    Free Member

I learned that yes, it will very much be worth saving up for better, lighter wheels. By trying out road hairpins with 2.4s full of water 😀

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘When did you last learn something new on a bike? Today I learned..’ is closed to new replies.