Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • When did the world get so damn inconsiderate and impatient?
  • Pieface

Wow – STW in support of the car driver shocker.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

nonk – aimed at me or Goan? I don't moan I don't think

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think it was about the time that that dude on the bike didn't pull in to let you past on a single track road. Last year some time if memory serves.

I had the exact same thought when I first read the thread so can only echo what BD is saying here – have a read back through some of your posts dude (I wasn't aware you'd had that many soubriquets) – you don't exactly display massive amounts of patience yourself.

nonk
    Free Member

the whole bloody lot of you tj. christ on a bike man quoting the highway code etc get out more.

Smee
    Free Member

Tj – In some cases it may be possible for some people to put their kids into their car from one side – in this one it wasn't.

I am not upset at anybody – amused at their stress levels yes, upset – life's too short. As for the guy on the bike well he was being deliberately obstructive, he had the choice to move over into the passing place (3 of them) but decided not to.

DD – I am very patient, just don't suffer fools gladly.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nonk – fair do! Bang to rights and all that.

DD – I am very patient, just don't suffer fools gladly.

Errrrmmmm – one or the other – you cannot be both

antigee

bit that confuses me is that it seems that the people with the faster means of getting from A to B are the less patient and have rights by virtue of size and weight

-also what i'd like to know is what are all the important things people who don't have any patience are doing? and why don't they all get out of bed 5 minutes earlier and what the f' do they all do when they get home?

Smee
    Free Member

Erm TJ – yes you can.

Pieface – funny that. 😉

thegreatape
    Free Member

I don't moan I don't think

You didn't miss a comma out did you? 😉

miketually
    Free Member

We put our kids into the car from the road side all the time. You can't easily properly fasten a kid into a car seat from the opposite side of the car.

GW
    Free Member

BB – So i should leave a kid to run about on the pavement while I mess about trying to get a kid across three seats. Doesn't sound like the safest option to me.

nope, but close! – with 2 kids in the rear seats of a 5 seater you should always have the youngest child in the rear passenger seat and the older one in the driver side, you should always park passenger side to the kerb and you should always put both kids in from the pavement side. you should haved child locks on the rear doors, you should strap the youngest in first while the eldest either straps themselves in (as long as you check they've done it properly) or you lean across to strap them in after the youngest. no excuses! you can't fit across the rear seats? – move the passenger seat forward or look for a more apropriate space!
    if the youngest child is in a buggy/pram you can leave them perfectly safely on the pavement by the car until the older one is buckled in properly. common sense FFS!!

Smee
    Free Member

GW – but what if the oldest wouldn't fit in the seat behind the driver's seat, due to the size of the driver. And this is edinburgh we're talking about – there is only one space.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

GW…you missed the bit about using your knee to hold the sprogs in place when they arch their back and don't want to be strapped in! 8)

AnalogueAndy
    Free Member

You don't live in Brizzle do you?

Can't find it now but there was a case recently of someone forcing their way past injuring mother and child.

I was appalled that the majority of the comments blamed the mother. As in this case, whatever the circumstances, the onus is of course on the driver to stop and wait, patiently.

Yes it's sensible to get the kids to climb out kerb side, no it's not always possible. Hence the Highway code rule is advice (you should) not the Law (you must)

Why then did some imbecile decide it socially acceptable to skid to a stop and blast their horn, then start shouting at me to get out of the way?

So what was your reaction?

And anyone got a link to this 'Cyclist on a single-track road' thread?

Smee
    Free Member

My reaction was to ignore them.

nonk
    Free Member

massive highjack. did tj work in a prison at one time?

crikey
    Free Member

Having been scowled at by the OP for daring to hold up a driving lesson for all of 20 seconds, I'm thinking about the respective colours of pots and kettles.

GW
    Free Member

just how little common sense do you have Glupton? 🙄

Smee
    Free Member

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/beardy-cyclist There you go AnalogueAndy.

Crikey – your mate was scowled at because he was riding along with his head up his jacksie and rode straight past a passing place… No pots, no kettles and no black there.

GW – I have plenty common sense. And know how to use the edit feature too…

GW
    Free Member

just how little? – "loads"? 😕

case closed!

Junkyard
    Free Member

TJ as you dont own a car or have kids what are you giving advice?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Isn't Goan supposed to be out on the trails being inconsiderate and impatient when he's pwning full suss riders on his SS?

crikey
    Free Member

Whatever, our memories must differ, there was only one impatient person there tho, and he was in the passenger seat.
    Poor troll…

sc-xc

Did you know that 'Sup gentelman goo' is an anagram of smee/goan/glupton?

😯

Smee
    Free Member

Crikey that's convenient for you isnt it. They were from somewhere in north america if i remember correctly

juan
    Free Member

Not practical to try and avoid it in this case as i have already said – repeatedly.

Well I have nto read further this quote, so you will apologies if someone already posted that, but I think that if you can't manage 2 kids while you put them in your car it is time you seek guidance.

crikey
    Free Member

Damp under bridges in the tweed valley at the mo? One if them was from the US, the rest from the UK…

druidh
    Free Member

juan – Member

Well I have nto read further this quote, so you will apologies if someone already posted that, but I think that if you can't manage 2 kids while you put them in your car it is time you seek guidance.

…and you speak from personal experience?

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

I think Goan was doing what good parents do – looking after their children, I would like to know what the % is of the voices on this topic have actually got children.
    Children are notoriously single minded, especially when parents are distracted – so by ensuring that both children were safe then if it took all day to put the child into its car seat then so be it.
    The impatient driver was in the wrong – does he blast his/her horn at people on zebra crossings as well – what a **** —

deus

having neither children nor car seats, and having not been a child small enough to require a car seat for quite a while, would it not be possible to have both car seats on the passengers side, one in the front, one in the back, thereby making the necessity of taking a child onto the road side redundant?

crikey
    Free Member

I've got three kids, and its a troll.

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Goans point was not so much about putting his child in the car seat anyway – this probably takes seconds anyway if all the straps are easily adjusted. WHAT the point was is why is it necessary to display anger over a few seconds of delay – its no worse than a lollipop lady in the road, someone pushing a pram across the road, an old lady / man crossing the road.. this happens, its no problem unless you are a getaway driver on a bank heist… The world needs to slow down.. the only clock that really matters is tickin behind your ribs –

druidh
    Free Member

Methinks someone has the wrong user name 😆

neverfastenuff
    Free Member

Methinks someone has the wrong user name

Its sounds like me.. but that name is because no matter how hard I ride, my mates are always faster 😉

scuttler

I've got a couple of these in the back of my car

The leg makes getting across the backseats somewhat tricky. Sure we could probably teach the eldest to climb across but all the smartarses who think they have all the answers should try looking beyond their own circumstances.

marcus7
    Free Member

I change car because it was almost impossible to put em both in from one side especially when they were smaller so i can see where the OP comes from, but like I said I bought something more practical partly for this reason.

Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘When did the world get so damn inconsiderate and impatient?’ is closed to new replies.