• This topic has 32 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by jj55.
Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • When did it suddenly become October?
  • Nick

Jezus H what's happened to Summer? [delboy] Its deja vu all over again [/delboy] Same as last year, sunny in May/June, then wet and windy.

Metcheck has it raining and mild at best till the end of July 🙁

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Firsty, ignore MetGuess, the worst weather forecasting site in history.

Secondly, a couple of wet days DO NOT MAKE IT A BAD SUMMER!!!!!!

MTFU!

Hells bells………….
    😉

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

I'm totally failing to MTFU about the weather atm

It's royally PMO

Guess I'll just get used to having to clean the bike/sliding all over the place/filthy kit/remembering to take a change of gear/replacing bearings, pads and cables every five minutes by the winter again, just like last year 😐

DezB
    Free Member

It is just bloody typical. I get 2 free days on a weekend to go riding and the weather turns to sheeit.
    Its all my fault.

thepurist

Look on the bright side – no more ploughing through sand and all those loose/sketchy climbs and downhills are wayyyy easier to ride…

Drac

Been raining hard up here since last night, my holidays are going well.

uplink
    Free Member

High pressure pushing in next week

PJ266
    Free Member

I'm persevering with shorts at all times.

finbar
    Free Member

Don't be such a pansy. Its light and warm, that's good enough.

foxyrider
    Free Member

The garden needed some watering and I have got out in the last week without getting wet apart from last night …… Running away…… l)

the_lecht_rocks

fwiw i had 3 days of mid 20's last weekend at glentress…….dust fast and fantastic…
    this week however …………. 😯

porterclough
    Free Member

The tree outside my office window is turning brown and dropping leaves…

mamadirt
    Free Member

and downhills are wayyyy easier to ride…

Not in my local woods they're not 👿

Where'd all that under(over?)growth come from?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

apparently the jet stream is in the wrong place for the time of yearp

brant
    Free Member

it's not so bad once you get out in it. Once you're soaked, you can't get any wetter.

colnagokid

To answer the OP, Oct started yesterday when I was at the furthest point from home, a two hour ride in the p'ing down rain. 😥

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

I reckon soon there will be just one season … winter, and at this time of year it just means we get to see the rain and wind for longer 😥

nickc

Firsty, ignore MetGuess, the worst weather forecasting site in history.

It's as good as any other you're likely to find. They use the same weather modelling software that many other sites use. The trouble is people want to know what the weather's going to do in the next 24-48 hours very very locally to them. The sites will try to do this, but depends on where you live as to how accurate that info's going to be.

Long range weather forecasting is still tricky, and is basically trends based on historical data, with current weather patterns thrown into the mix. More than 48 hours ahead nationally is difficult, locally it's impossible, in the mountains or hills, you may as well use local weather lore.

There is a building El Nino, this has 'interesting' implications for summer in the southern UK, it will probably be hot…beyond that…think '06 rather than '07/08 if you want an opinion of a sad weather hobbiest…

uplink
    Free Member

TBH – I think the weather has been generally OK so far this summer

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Since I was made redundant on March 13th, the weather has been pretty favourable in Somerset, bar the last couple of weeks. That said, everything could do with a drink now really.

seven
    Free Member

We're doomed It rained on Wednesday – St Swithin's Day

'St Swithin’s Day, if it does rain
    Full forty days, it will remain
    St Swithin’s Day, if it be fair
    For forty days, t'will rain no more.'

nickc

Didn't rain on Wednesday where I live, it was in fact lovely. Does that mean it's only going to rain on you?

seven
    Free Member

Well I was in Bristol, but don'y live there, but it's now raining whe I am do live. So not sure if it will follow me around.

Depends if it's person or location specific I guess 🙂

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

We're doomed It rained on Wednesday – St Swithin's Day

*sighs*

best be getting on with it then 😐

Stoner
    Free Member

'St Swithin’s Day, if it does rain
    Full forty days, it will remain
    St Swithin’s Day, if it be fair
    For forty days, t'will rain no more.'

never trust old sayings that cant be bothered to rhyme 🙂

Drac

Kind of agree with you there Brant summer rain isn't so bad as usually warm with it too. Sadly just can't be bothered even start riding as know it will be nice again soon.

rs
    Free Member

I biked to work this morning and it was 18 degrees at 7.30, up to 20 now and its 8.56(am) 😆 should be mid to high twenties for my ride home 😆

epicyclo

It's all this global warming, innit?

brant
    Free Member

Sadly just can't be bothered even start riding as know it will be nice again soon.

I'm convincing myself it's preperation if it's going to tip it down for 100 miles on the #k100

chakaping
    Free Member

The weather turned the day I arrived back in the UK of course. And the heatwave lasted the exact period that I was out of the country too.

OK, it has been a bit wetter for the last 24 hours – but my ride yesterday afternoon was terrific – and all the better for the odd shower having made the trails a bit grippier (like thepurist said).

Drac

I'm convincing myself it's preperation if it's going to tip it down for 100 miles on the #k100

If it tips it down in Kielder nothing will prepare you for it, Northumberland at it's wildest there.

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Maybe the weather gods are smiling on me!!

Just had an arthroscopy on my left knee this morning, weather will be foul until I'm back in the saddle???

Hope not! 🙂

Cheers
    Paul

jj55

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘When did it suddenly become October?’ is closed to new replies.