• This topic has 15 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by loum.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • When did football hooliganism become policing?
  • hexhamstu
    Free Member

I’d be interested in someone who actually works for the police’s view on the many videos popping up of the protests. Undercover police trying to incite riots, snatching people, etc.

Videos such as this one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ5BM6NV1y8&feature=player_embedded

You know its a crock of shit when someone says “I’m just doing my job”. The classic final moral defence that means sweet **** all.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

i think it all started when the requirement to become a met copper changed from being an upstanding member of society to being a big angry man with a very small penis.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I couldn’t watch it – I was put off by the commentary.

“pack of wolves attacking our babies” ffs.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Yeah, that really put me off, let the police do what they want! I’m sick of mothers being worried about their kids. I also really object to people protesting about how the country is run. I think we should give them all a good hiding for being so disobedient.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Videos like this merely confirm what I’ve witnessed myself, on a number of occasions.

It’s common practise to use agents provocateurs. That such things are now being caught on film just means that the credibility of the police in such situations is eroded even further. There’s no justification for such actions whatsoever.

What it means, is that if the police are known to use illegal tactics to suit their own ends, then the use of violence against the police is no longer an act against society, but the right of free citizens against the illegal actions of the police.

I for one will not have any sympathy against the police if they choose to act in such a manner next week. In fact, if they choose to break the law against British citizens exercising their democratic right to protest, then I hope they get a good pasting.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yeah, that really put me off, let the police do what they want!

Or you could try not treating people like they’re idiots.

If you’ve got a good case there’s no need for emotive and absurd metaphors.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I endured the cringeworthy metaphors for a few short minutes. Pretty damning footage. Thankfully there was no political correctness to go along with it. 😐

OmarLittle
    Free Member

There will always be a need for plain clothes police but too many seem to think they are part of Vic Mackeys strike team.

Northwind

They could really do with taking all that footage, and getting someone else entirely to re-edit it, ideally someone who’s not a ****. Talk about missing an open goal.

The footage still stands watching though- not at all shocked, since i’ve seen it in person but it’s something more people could stand to see. Especially since the attempts to incite trouble failed so badly, to the protestors’ credit. (course, “Students protest; don’t riot” didn’t gain many headlines)

kaesae
    Free Member

These are the exact same tactics used to instigate a certain riot from not that long ago!

Only this time they were caught on camera, any one wondering how the riots got so out of hand so quickly, they had help 😀

I thought this thread was about those riots at first, serves me right for being tired and not keeping upto date with the ratrace and it’s goings on!

In my own defence, the ratrace is shite!

kaesae
    Free Member

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Or you could try not treating people like they’re idiots.

If you’ve got a good case there’s no need for emotive and absurd metaphors.

The commentary is neither here nor there, the footage is plain as day.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No the commentary was definitely there. I actually did a few things first so that I could settle down a watch it properly. But then I got to the bit about a pack of wolves attacking our babies and I thought, “that’s it, I’ve had enough”.

I like to make my own mind up, not have an idiot try and help me with a load of emotive childish bollox.

crispedwheel
    Free Member

They could really do with taking all that footage, and getting someone else entirely to re-edit it, ideally someone who’s not a ****. Talk about missing an open goal.

This + a lot. A load of emotive waffle, set to music (wtf?), that does nothing to effectively publise the point, on which I have a lot of sympathy.

I agree that

the footage is plain as day.

Why not just broadcast that?

hexhamstu
    Free Member

If I had made the video I would have, but I didn’t.

loum
    Free Member

Worth a watch all the way through, but the tacky “Daily Mail” style commentry will cause many people to switch off before the end.
    It’s a shame that the poor edit detracts from some pretty powerful footage.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘When did football hooliganism become policing?’ is closed to new replies.