Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • When can i ride?
  • bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Finally had my knee done after months of locking, instability on stairs and constant sharp pains in my knee. Had a very small lateral Discoid meniscus tear which had broke off and was floating round my knee. Knee washed out, remaining meniscus smoothed over. It’s been 9 days since surgery, knee feels a lot better than before, just bruised from the scope and a bit tender to touch. Stairs all good just a bit restricted from the bandage, knee was still ooozing a bit of blood on Friday.

My only real discharge advice was full weight bear as pain allowed no more than 90 degree bend for three days and then start mobilizing and doing the exercises on the sheet physio gave me. I’ve heard cycling is good physio, but is it too soon? I mean for a short spin up the road not a lap of Gisburn?

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Ask your doctor, not STW. No point setting yourself back for the sake of a quick spin up the road.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

D

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Not wasting my GP’s time to ask that when people will have had a similar procedure on here. Gp said before the op anything from 2 -6 weeks. But is that fully recovered I don’t know.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

🙄

Ok. Save your GP some precious time, and ask your physio instead. If you’ve been given exercises to do by your physio, I’d be asking *them* how/when I could fit cycling in as part of that.

crikey
    Free Member

I believe you are an orthopaedic nurse…

yunki
    Free Member

If there’s ever a situation not to bother your GP about then it’s enquiring about correct recovery period after invasive knee surgery..

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Yeah Orthopaedic Nurse for 12 months stated on contract but 6 months spent off from broken leg and surgery on knee twice this year. Don’t really come across knee arthroscopies as their done in Day surgery or at Chorley. We get the Major Traumas, fractured neck of femurs, bi lateral tib and fibs, pelvic fractures and spinal decrompessions all. Only arthroscopy I’ve come across is knee washout from infection.

I’m only asking because I got my post opbadvice mentioned in original post, a sheet of exercises and to expect a physio and outpatient appointment in the coming 6 weeks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘When can i ride?’ is closed to new replies.