Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • "when Britain led the the way in religious maniacs with explosives"
  • wwaswas

Great article;

Al Qaeda and Islamic State think they invented religious zealots wanting to blow stuff up?” said one bonfire party planner.

“Not a chance. We Brits were planning world-class explosions four hundred years ago

http://newsthump.com/2014/11/05/uk-all-set-to-celebrate-night-of-home-grown-terrorism/

bearnecessities

Thought this was about the controlled explosion in Bolton that just made me jump!

zippykona

It seems to be melding into Fireween around our way.
    I should think most of those pesky youngsters have no idea who Guy Fawkes was.

Well that article is bollocks. Bonfire night celebrates the failure of religious maniacs with explosives.

So another thing the British aren’t very good at.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

That and when we lead the way in imposing our religion the rest of the world and slaughtering those who disagreed

wwaswas

Well that article is bollocks. Bonfire night celebrates the failure of religious maniacs with explosives.

I think this was largely what the second half of it was about?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*Waits for JHJ to arrive*

😉

Sandwich

Should I repeat the name twice more to be certain CFH?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

So another thing the British aren’t very good at.

Only a failure in the fact that poor old Guy got nabbed before he lit the blue touchpaper, (& he wasn’t even the ringleader)

DezB
    Free Member

That and when we lead the way in imposing our religion the rest of the world and slaughtering those who disagreed

Yeah! And we succeeded at that… how’s Islam doing with those conversions?

GrahamS

Let’s look at what you could have won….

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8UtojJT8ts[/video]

Doesn’t seem like that bad of an idea sometimes 😀

D0NK

Thought this was about the controlled explosion in Bolton that just made me jump!

say what now…
    google
    google
    google

Ooh dear.

IIRC our RE teacher insisted it was johnnie foreigner saying “the quran or the sword” – and many chose the sword! – she may have been a bit biased tho.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

It’s not all bad news…

Progress

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Class! Quote of the year for me! 😀

“Al Qaeda and Islamic State think they invented religious zealots wanting to blow stuff up?” said one bonfire party planner.

“Not a chance. We Brits were planning world-class explosions four hundred years ago while they were still living in caves.”

“Well, worse caves.”

“Even now they haven’t found a good way of doing it without blowing themselves up at the same time, the bloody amateurs.”

GrahamS

Was just reading Wiki about Guy Fawkes and the interesting thing that struck me was burning was only a.. erm.. small part.. of his sentence.

The Attorney General Sir Edward Coke told the court that each of the condemned would be drawn backwards to his death, by a horse, his head near the ground. They were to be “put to death halfway between heaven and earth as unworthy of both”. Their genitals would be cut off and burnt before their eyes, and their bowels and hearts removed. They would then be decapitated, and the dismembered parts of their bodies displayed so that they might become “prey for the fowls of the air”.

Can’t see that going so well at the PTA Fireworks display tonight.

wwaswas

Whatever ISIS are doing now the British judiciary were doing 500 years ago…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yeah. We’ve grown up and become civilised since then.

Lummox

With the way there acting up there now I can’t help but feel Fawkes was a failed hero.

I jest of course but I have zero compassion for MPs at the moment.

bruneep

The Attorney General Sir Edward Coke told the court that each of the condemned would be drawn backwards to his death, by a horse, his head near the ground. They were to be “put to death halfway between heaven and earth as unworthy of both”. Their genitals would be cut off and burnt before their eyes, and their bowels and hearts removed. They would then be decapitated, and the dismembered parts of their bodies displayed so that they might become “prey for the fowls of the air”.

Can we bring this punishment back?

doh
    Free Member

Yes that should be an adequate punishment for lane hogging

konabunny
    Free Member

so long as you interpret “led the way” as meaning “following continental Europe in doing whatever the Catholic Church told us to do”, then yes, absolutely!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘"when Britain led the the way in religious maniacs with explosives"’ is closed to new replies.