Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • When a large company says…
  • Flaperon

…”we’ll call you back within the hour”, you just know that they won’t.

Trying to track my UPS parcel after the driver used all his ninja stealth and cunning to sneak up the path and silently slip a “sorry you were out” card through the letter box yesterday.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Sure it wasn’t a Yodel driver?
    Fecker here yesterday managed to do it without the cctv covering the front door catching him!!!

Flaperon

Wow. They just called me back (one minute before the hour was up) to say the parcel is 30 minutes away and that if the driver can’t deliver it he’s to call my mobile before leaving.

Impressed. But equally so shocked I spilled coffee on my white t-shirt. 🙁

Sandwich

That’s not bad. I once had a UPS driver claim the office was closed at 16:55 on a Friday afternoon, we were open until 6pm that evening. He was in the depot at 17:20 after a 30 minute minimum drive. The delivery charge was refunded on that one.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Had a Yodel driver last month walk up to the front door, put a card through and walk off.
    Seeing as he had to walk past the window in front of my desk to do so – he was in full view.
    As he walks away – I open the door and say “Oi – wheres my parcel?”
    His reply was “what parcel?”
    “Errr… the one for which you just put a card through my door saying Sorry we missed you…”
    “Oh – I don’t have it…” he says.
    Turns out Yodel will send out drivers in their own vehicles – cars/people carriers/etc rammed with small stuff and expect big stuff to be picked up because “you weren’t in when we called”
    Funnily enough – when i leant on his car door and stopped him getting into it until he called the depot directly and found out exactly where the parcel was – I was told “it’ll be here within 30mins it needed to be on a larger vehicle Sir…”

DezB
    Free Member

when i leant on his car door and stopped him getting into it until he called the depot ..

Superb! 😆

spawnofyorkshire

Turns out Yodel will send out drivers in their own vehicles – cars/people carriers/etc rammed with small stuff and expect big stuff to be picked up because “you weren’t in when we called”

That explains the many ninja cards through the door

the bastards

hammyuk
    Free Member

The guy admitted its actually a company/depot policy so they can keep their contracts/delivery time scales/etc without having the capability to actually to deliver the goods.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘When a large company says…’ is closed to new replies.