Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • When a driver flashes another driver out of a side road…..
  • hora
    Free Member

Donk side of the road ready to cross.

You wouldn’t do it if there were cars behind/following you.

crazy-legs

filtering on the right can be just as bad, watchout for bored drivers suddenly doing u-turns

Or seeing a side road on the right and cutting off down it to try and avoid traffic. However the benefit of filtering down the right (which is what I normally do) is you can see the staggeringly high number of drivers texting, tweeting and updating Facebook. It seems to be the done thing now. Oh it’s a queue of traffic, not going anywhere for 30 seconds, I’ll just text. 🙄

sbob
    Free Member

Calling it “filtering” does not make overtaking at a junction any less dangerous.
    💡

jools182
    Free Member

I always find it annoying when the flow of main road traffic gets stopped due to this

More often than not there is a clear road after 2 or 3 cars have passed the junction anyway

It just seems to cause problems

Neil-F
    Free Member

jameso – Member
    who’s in the wrong?
    The guy pulling out.

Also the guy flashing someone out, according to a friend after his advanced drivers test if I remember correctly – by doing so you take some responsibility to say the way is clear and in a resulting accident you may held liable.
    Anyone know if this is right?

The guy flashing someone out isn’t at fault, the guy pulling out is always at fault. No court would hold the flasher in any way responsible whatsoever. Either your friend is wrong, or you haven’t remembered correctly. 😉

miketually
    Free Member

This morning, a van which was half-way through overtaking me on my bike, stopped and flashed some pedestrians over the road. Thankfully, I’d seen them and realised what he was doing. From the pedestrians’ position, they couldn’t see me at all.

sbob
    Free Member

No court would hold the flasher in any way responsible whatsoever.

Maybe not in this country, but I have heard differently from across the Atlantic.

brakes
    Free Member

interesting thread, I consider myself a courteous driver and often let people out – maybe I’ll stop doing this by flashing at them and let them make their own minds up…

project
    Free Member

google,”flash for cash” where a driver flashes another driver out and continues to drive straight on, its very difficult for the flashed driver to prove they got flashed accross, so dont do it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23717575

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘When a driver flashes another driver out of a side road…..’ is closed to new replies.