Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Wheezing Fox shock
  • mtbtom
    Free Member

Had my DRCV Fox shock serviced and PUSH tuned around a month back. It’s started making a wheezing sound as the shock cycles.

You can’t hear it when riding and it doesn’t appear to affect performance yet.

Have put a video of it here, you can hear it best on the very last cycle when I get off the bike.

[video]http://vimeo.com/102404148[/video]

Is this normal? Am a bit worried as I’ve got a two week holiday coming up which I don’t want it to let me down on.

Thanks 🙂

Marko

Normal I believe.

I was told that it is the oil ‘shearing’ as it goes through the ‘pushed’ oil ports – or something like that.

And that’s from the horses mouth, not a friend of a friend of someone who works for TF.

Hth
    Marko

mtbtom
    Free Member

Thanks Marko, that’s a relief.

Have sent TF Tuned a link to the video too, just in case but feeling happier now.

Cheers,
    Tom

pondy
    Free Member

I have a pushed rp23, mine does the same, can also hear it when riding over bumps slowly when sitting down with pro pedal off, dug out my invoice from the work tf tuned done and word for word it says

‘you may notice more of a whooshing noise than before, especially on the rebound stoke. this is the oil moving past more shims and is normal and healthy’

doncorleoni
    Free Member

I have had 2 shocks push tuned and both were noisy like yours. Perfectly normal. Mine had quite a few shims installed as I wanted firmer compression damping so I guess the more damping, the louder the noise!

devash
    Free Member

My RP23 does that as well, all good.

mtbtom
    Free Member

Ah, great news – thanks again everyone! 🙂

Looking forward to giving it a thrashing in the Alps now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Wheezing Fox shock’ is closed to new replies.