Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • wheelsets: mt15 vs CrossOne vs Superstar
  • adrec
    Free Member

I need a cheap 26in wheelset for a bike I’m putting together for her indoors. Only got about 75 quid maximum to spend and I’m weighing up my options which I reckon are as above. The wheels aren’t going to get hammered and need to be qr15/135mm. Mt15s are dirt cheap at the moment from a few places, but are a bit weighty, I’ve heard mixed things about the mavics reliability and I’d be buying a used set with my budget, so I wouldn’t have warranties to fall back on. I’m leaning towards some of the bottom rung superstars, again used. Anyone got any thoughts

notlocal
    Free Member

Mrsnotlocal has the mt15 wheels on her kona four I built up for her. Not had a huge amount of abuse, but seem to be coping with her newby line choices.

adrec
    Free Member

Mt15s are the safe bet. You know exactly what you’re getting with shimano stuff and I’d be buying new so no danger of them being trashed. I guess the question should be why shouldn’t I go for the mt15s at 78 quid a set

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I have foind the AM-490 rims pretty bomb proof on my El Guapo they have taken a lot of hits over the last 18 months.

domderbyshire
    Free Member

Can you get MT 15s in 15mm QR front?

adrec
    Free Member

Yer you can from crc. Guess they must be this year’s because you didn’t used to be able to. There a safe bet, just heavy.

adrec
    Free Member

Does anyone know the difference between mt15s and mt35?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘wheelsets: mt15 vs CrossOne vs Superstar’ is closed to new replies.