Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Wheels Manufacturing PF30 BB
  • boxxer7
    Free Member

Anyone got one? My PF30 BB in my Stumpy Evo has bitten the dust, been looking at alternatives? Seems to fit the bill anyone got one how’s it going?

jaymoid

I’ve got one with the regular/cheapo bearings, seems to be doing well. No creaks or anything, fitted it last May and no problems as yet but I’ve not ridden it as much as I’d have liked – but it’s survived mountain mayhem, yorkshire/calderdale, the peak and cannock. Easy to fit (if you have the tool) and is structurally better than the SRAM one.

michaelbowden

I had one in my stumpy. It creaked like hell, they recommend glueing it in which I don’t like the idea of. I replaced it with a praxis works one which has been perfect for 6 months.

boxxer7
    Free Member

I’ve got a praxis one in my roadbike and it’s perfect, but they’re only for shimano spindles stumpy has a BB30 chainset.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’ve got one. It’s only been in the bike 6 weeks, but that’s already twice as long as the dog turd SRAM one it replaced…

cnud
    Free Member

Exactly the same experience as michaelbowden get a Praxxis Works, it just works. Bearings are all serviceable also

boxxer7
    Free Member

Praxis won’t work with my current chainset.

boxxer7
    Free Member

Well I’ve ordered one with the angular contact bearings, will see how it go’s.

boxxer7
    Free Member

Hob nob what cranks are you using?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

SRAM X0 with a BB30 axle. Given the choice, I would run Shimano, but it’s an expensive change.

boxxer7
    Free Member

Same as mine then, I’m surprised how much resistance there is when my cranks are torqued up, is yours the same?

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’m probably not in the best position to comment, as before this i’ve always run a full guide with a clutch mech so there has been a lot of resistance, now I run just a top guide, so it feels like a couple of extra gears to me because of that change alone!

I’ll check it against my HT with a normal HT2 BB when I can, just for comparisons sake.

boxxer7
    Free Member

I’m running a full guide and type 2 mech as well so I’m sure it all adds up?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Wheels Manufacturing PF30 BB’ is closed to new replies.