Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Wheels manufacturing bb in 73mm shell.
  • happybiker
    Free Member

I’m fitting a Wheels PF30 BB into a Stumpy carbon frame with BB30 X0 cranks with the spacing kit they provide and recommend is a bit confusing. They say:

Insert a 0.5mm spacer between the Integrated Preload Adjuster and the bearing seal on the non-drive side of the crank. In addition, replace the stock drive-side 8mm spacer with 7.5mm of Wheels Mfg spacers.

SRAM say that with a 73mm shell not to fit the 2 alu spacers, so why do they provide any with the Wheels kit? I’ve fitted the 0.5mm to the nds and torqued it up and chainline looks good and cranks clear the stays, it even spins freely. There’s a fairly big gap on the ds spindle, more than I’ve seen with GXP, is this because I’ve left out some spacers?

happybiker
    Free Member

No one? Okay it’s now built and I’ve taken it for a ride and it works. 😆 The front ring is pretty close to the down tube, is this normal?

happybiker
    Free Member

Okay somethings wrong, went for a ride and after 5 miles the cranks moved enough over to the left that chainring has rubbed the chainstay. I thought that with SRAM cranks the space on the right was dead space and the preload and spacing is determined by the nds. How will adding spacers to the ds prevent this?

orangeboy
    Free Member

Unlike gpx you need spacers on the ds , should not be any empty space.
    To check grab the chainring and try and slide the crank back and forth through the frame rather than just check for play by rocking the arms.

happybiker
    Free Member

I’m an idiot! I left out the biggest spacer, instructions say not to fit to xx cranks, mine are x0 and I left it out. Seems ok now, torqued it up and there’s almost no gap on the left, a turn of the preload adjuster and it all seems good.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Wheels manufacturing bb in 73mm shell.’ is closed to new replies.