• This topic has 25 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by benp1.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Wheelies!
  • ian martin
    Free Member

I finally found my balance point at the age of 37! Manuals (or a&e) here I come!

Suggsey
    Free Member

Clipped in or unclipped? I scared myself last night doing my best manual yet down a fire road through a deep puddle….meant to do it but have never managed one as slow and smoothly as that before on the full suss, normally a lot faster speed has to be involved. Fine on the hardtail but then it’s a lot lighter and shorter wheelbase. 😆

bigad40
    Free Member

There is little like a good wheelie.
    Manuals rule!

doug_basqueMTB.com

Took me until about 37 too but it´s the best feeling, I amuse myself with wheelies all the time now. Manuals are a slightly harder thing 🙂 I don´t know if I can link to a facebook video but here´s why you should always check your brakes first! Bike straight out of van and it had been upside down, if you look closely in the video you can see me pumping the brakes frantically.
    https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=748903451861839&theater

ian martin
    Free Member

With flats and only seated on a hardtail but it’s a start

sandwicheater

I found it in Gisburn forest about 7 years ago. Held a sweet manual for all of 10m (more likely 3m but it felt massive).

I then proceeded to fall off, badly heart my knee and haven’t been interested in finding it again.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

I remember the feeling, sweet .. until like sandwicheater I looped out (clipped in) and fell on my butt/back and now am a bit scarred.

Well done though.

sandwicheater

Been meaning to give it another whirl though, is a bloody good feeling.

granny_ring

One day I might try again…..one day.

sandwicheater

We should start a manual club (like the fat/diet club but with more pies) this summer and report back each week on distance/rad-ness.

Likes the vid doug_basqueMTB.com, will remember to break check before i start learning again.

scruff
    Free Member

I can find my balance point but always veer off L or R, tried randomly sticking my knees out but doesn’t really help me.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

As someone also trying to learn I demand a video!

I managed 3 pedals strokes last night. Clipped in, full sus, terrified.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

this is motivating me to have a go at it again.

there was a video floating around on you tube where the guy reversed his stem

ah found it – never tried it though

Maunal – reverse stem

mtbel
    Free Member

I learned age 7 on a roadbike and by 8 could wheelie all the way home from school (a mile) I don’t actually rely on a brake wheelying or manualing. when I wheelie one handed it’s always my left hand (back brake) I remove from the bars and on my roadbike I often wheelie with my hands on the tops (no brake cover whatsoever and clipped in with no helmet). Once you have achieved trust in your ability clipped or flat makes little difference.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

swoon.

MoreCashThanDash

I can’t myself, but some chav was doing a great job wheelie-ing his Boris Bike away from Nottingham magistrates court when I popped out at lunch time, which made me chuckle.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

I learned age 7 on a roadbike and by 8 could wheelie all the way home from school (a mile) I don’t actually rely on a brake wheelying or manualing. when I wheelie one handed it’s always my left hand (back brake) I remove from the bars and on my roadbike I often wheelie with my hands on the tops (no brake cover whatsoever and clipped in with no helmet). Once you have achieved trust in your ability clipped or flat makes little difference.

I’m tumescent.

honourablegeorge

Rusty Shackleford – Member

I’m tumescent.

Adjust your balance point back slightly

medoramas
    Free Member

…at the age of 37

Thanks! It still gives me 3 more years then! 🙄

kayla1
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkgEi84vAOo[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMWEPRXNxE4[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkJtkbhOhNs[/video]

Sui
    Free Member

my nemesis.. but 37 you say, i still have time then.. 😆

Rorschach
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXk4kyvYePw[/video]

Rorschach
    Free Member

The bloke who taught his dad to teach him, posts on here regularly.

mtbel
    Free Member

Rusty Shackleford – Member
    I’m tumescent.

Ewww.. 🙁
    at a 7 year old???

sickening

thegreatape
    Free Member

mtbrill 🙂

My favourite, although less subtle than usual today.

benp1

I practise most nights when I cycle with the dog in the park. I can wheelie for a few pedal strokes at most, but tend to go off at an angle and have to drop back down again

Tried the off manual but can’t get it at all. Figured I’d stick to trying to wheelie for the time being

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Wheelies!’ is closed to new replies.