Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Wheel/Freehub, new bike, issues and WTF do i do next.
  • weeksy

As you may have seen i bought a new bike at Xmas, delivered on the 6th Jan…. Excellent bike, really love it.

however, after <15 miles the freehub fell apart and the rear wheel is useless. Stripped by my LBS as per instructions from the bike supplier.

So, after another 3 weeks, minimal email contact from the supplier of bike (well known and respected bike shop) i’m still left without a rear wheel on the bike. “we need to wait and see what Commencal say”…. “we are waiting for spares in the UK”….

etc .. is about as good as it gets from their response.

All of which is completely useless to me of course.

So, what would you do ?

I bought the bike on Credit Card, exactly for this sort of reason, but i don’t want to send the bike back in all honesty, i do totally love the bike. However i want the thing sorting out… and NOW…

I’ve only had it 6 weeks and for 3+ of them it’s not been working.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I guess you can threaten to go the cc route and hope that pressure produces a result. The problem appears to lie with Commencal though, so any solution may involve a different wheel.

weeksy

It seems my mail from this monrning which was pretty blunt about the fact i’ll be sending it onto the CC company may have had a bit of a desired response and the shop owner has just been onto me, basically agreeing that it’s unacceptable and it will be sorted ASAP…

I won’t get all clappy clappy just yet as we’ve had simillar discussions before… but he seems very genuine 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

He is between a rock and a hard place as his supplier isn’t helping him but he has a duty to sort you out.

Speshpaul

If bought the bike from the shop your contract is with them.
    If your are 100% certain you want to stay with commie then tell your LBS man you want a replacement wheel by the weekend – which is along the lines of what you have done i guess.
    If not 100% then take it up with you CC. Bottom line is commie are hopeless at after sales. Enough customers, shops and distributors have dropped them in the past.

weeksy

Well, the new Freehub has now been shipped to my LBS and they’re going to fit that and we’ll bill the guys i bought the bike from, who will in turn bill the supplier who will bill Commencal i expect LOL.

All in all it went from a bit of a nightmare to a complete turnaround in a matter of hours…

taxi25
    Free Member

Always worth trying to collect a few spares, certainly a cheap wheelset to keep yourself riding whilst these things get sorted.

ThePinkster

Out of interest what make was the hub? If it was someone like Shimano I would have thought the quickest & simplest thing for the LBS/supplier would be to swap out the hub or freehub as the rest of the bike (i.e. the bit actually built by Commencal) is OK.

Good to hear they’re sorting you out though.

weeksy

I’ve got a spare set of wheels mate.. So i have the ability to ride… but doesn’t address the fact it needed sorting of course.

weeksy

Unknown pinkster, it’s just labelled up as a Commencal unit, the specifics i don’t know as i left that to the LBS to diagnose etc

ThePinkster

Ah right, fairy nuff. Cheers.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Wheel/Freehub, new bike, issues and WTF do i do next.’ is closed to new replies.