Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Wheelbuilders & strippers
  • thepleasantpheasant
    Free Member

I have a set of Hope Pro 2s that I’d like to get built up into wheels, and would prefer an experienced builder do it. Which (good) builders would be willing to do them if I supply the parts?

Alternatively, would CRC & Merlin build a set of wheels if the hubs aren’t bought from them, but the rims & spokes are?

About stripping, what’s the least harmful way of removing paint from a super light weight alu frame? I keep coming across chemical dipping and walnut shell or crystallized soda blasting. Which one is harder to mess up the frame in case of say, an over-eager blaster or lazy dipper?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I can’t imagine you’ll damage a frame with walnut or soda blasting?

thepleasantpheasant
    Free Member

Did some more reading on soda blasting and you’re right. It seems the recommended choice of paint removal by powdercoaters.

Any suggestions for the wheelbuilds?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    gofasterstripes
    Free Member

There’s a few on here, or if you’ve trued a few wheels and have a little bit of a feel for it, try downloading Roger Muson’s book from wheelpro.co.uk and DIY.

The best set of wheels I have ever owned are the ones I made after reading that [though 26″ D321 Discs are pretty tough to mess up as they’re so damn stiff]

bikeneil
    Free Member

Wheelbuilders & strippers

That sounds like my sort of social club.

bearGrease

Can’t help with the former….but the latter? Well….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Wheelbuilders & strippers’ is closed to new replies.