Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Wheel weight difference .
  • oldfart

TBH I can’t be arsed to take them off and do it ! Process wheels SLX hubs WTB rims ,High Roller Exo 11s (tubeless) how much lighter would Pro 2 / Stans combo be ? As existing ones have Centrelock rotors replacements are going to be around £400 so would the difference be anything worth writing home about ? Also not been around cup n cone for years how often will they need adjusting cleaning etc ?

jimjam
    Free Member

Well you’d need a bit more info. What WTB rims, what Stans would you change to?

oldfart

WTB ST 123 , possibly Crests ?

dirtydog
    Free Member

Went from 2100g Hope/Mavic 321 combo to 1700g Hope/Stans Arch EX and noticed no difference.

You current SLX are cup and cone.

oldfart

As I thought so these cup n cone jobbers, as I’m not a serial power washer is it just wait til they get a bit of play ?

dirtydog
    Free Member

@oldfart Maybe clean and re grease rear every 6 months or so (might be more often, depends on riding conditions) front every 12 months or so.

taxi25
    Free Member

Went from 2100g Hope/Mavic 321 combo to 1700g Hope/Stans Arch EX and noticed no difference.

Amazing what some people do or don’t notice, when I used tubes I could feel the difference btwn lightweight and standard tubes ! Not saying I was faster just that I could feel a difference in the bike.

andyl
    Free Member

I could definitely feel the difference in 200g lighter tyres

currently got on one reet’ard wheels on my 29er and looking forward to getting the LB carbon rims on

jimjam
    Free Member

Yeah, I went from Pro2/flows (1900g) on my own bike to havens (1660g) on a demo bike, same tyres, same bike, and the difference was very noticeable.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Wheel weight difference .’ is closed to new replies.