Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Wheel truing stand
  • bonesetter
    Free Member

Any suggestions for a home use truing stand?

After something like this, but this is not UK available

Cheers

wwaswas

look on ebay someones selling somethign that looks exactly likethat new – £43 odd plus £10 posted.

this onestand hopefully.

oops that’s an old one but he’s relisted now.

Q
    Free Member

Get this book and build your own from MDF.

Jimbo
    Free Member

Flipping the bike upside down and using some carefully sellotaped pencils not an option?

bonesetter
    Free Member

Jimbo – Member

Flipping the bike upside down and using some carefully sellotaped pencils not an option?

I have seeen pics of this method, and i have used similar for brake rotor truing which worked…

I suppose you don’t need to take the tyre off either with this method 🙂

MrTall
    Free Member

Hey Nige,

I’ve got a Minoura one sat in the garage that i haven’t used for ages. Got it on special at Halfords for £10 a few years back. If you want to test one out feel free to borrow it as you are more likely to use it than me.

Let me know.
    Steve

singlespeedstu

Second the bike upside down method.

I use zipties instead of sellotape and pencils though.

bonesetter
    Free Member

MrTall – Member

Hey Nige,

I’ve got a Minoura one sat in the garage that i haven’t used for ages. Got it on special at Halfords for £10 a few years back. If you want to test one out feel free to borrow it as you are more likely to use it than me.

Let me know.
    Steve

Thanks for that offer Steve, I may well take you up on it. £10 was a bargain price – who says Hellfrauds is crap?

How’s that Rockhopper??

MrTall
    Free Member

Rockhopper is cool, i might actually ride it again at some stage! Few injury niggles at the moment so i’m actually trying to rest properly for once to sort myself out. Definately sold on the whole 29er thing though(for us tall chaps anyway).

Let me know when you want to grab the stand.

barrykellett
    Free Member

Save your money and take Q’s advice

Doesnt have the clamp plates on in the picture but I am about to start building my first wheels on it the next day i get some free time, its solid and costs a couple of quid to make, very sturdy

bumbly1
    Free Member

How about an old fork which can then be drilled to fit adjustable threaded bolts or indeed use one with V brake mounts, cant be too difficult to modify? Sounds much easier than the mdf contraption?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Wheel truing stand’ is closed to new replies.