• This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by colp.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Wheel size debate – The right tool for the job
  • yunki
    Free Member

So my son is wading in on the debate… He’s a very analytical rider and his skill level is on a par with most of us on here so I think he has a valid contribution to make…

We went for a razz today on the steep wooded slopes of Peak Hill..
    I had tried to persuade him that a leisurely road pootle might be more relaxing given the conditions but he was adamant that he wanted to shred some gnarr..
    It was waterlogged in places and there was a lot of exposed flint and tree roots where recent rainfall had washed away a lot of the loam..

He surmised that while his 8inch wheels with solid tyres were good for cutting through the slop on the flatter parts of the trail, this set up did not inspire confidence when the going got steeper and more technical and he felt that a 16+ set up run at lower pressure would have given more grip..

lerk
    Free Member

Where’s that like button?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Great stuff! Wellies; plastic wheels; no helmet; style for miles! He’ll go far.

Although pushing down the technical section….a skills course can make an ideal birthday gift for your loved ones 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

Helmet – dont you love your child you monster 😉

Best thing i ever did was persuade my kids that only proper riders went out in bad weather followed by the leading question of

” you are a proper rider arent you”

What does he think of droppers as there is a fair amount of seatpost on show

yunki
    Free Member

yeah 😳

I didn’t sus how high the seatpost was today until I was uploading the photos.. His big brother was using it last weekend and it hadn’t been put back down

bad parenting 🙁

He wasn’t too put off by it though, he had a proper hissy fit when I said we couldn’t go off-piste

nikk
    Free Member

Best post so far this year.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Freemincing! Teh radnezz!

neilwheel
    Free Member

What solid tyre for roots, mud and leaf litter?

colp

In shot 2 his skillz are so rad he can manage a “Magnum” or possibly “Blue Steel” look while shredding.

I like his line choice, straight between the roots, good man!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Wheel size debate – The right tool for the job’ is closed to new replies.