Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Wheel size bickering ?
  • superstu
    Free Member

Not looking to get into an argument Northwind, it is just my opinion. Sorry if I caused any offence.

I just don’t understand the outcry from people that we are all dumb for buying into it (move to 650b). Year on year there’s been improvements as far as I can tell in most aspects – suspension is better, braking is better, more options (arguably not better but that’s a different discussion) re gearing and 1 X, droppers, plus more importantly more subtle changes such as geometry which has made most bikes a lot better in my opinion. Wheel change is just part and parcel of that.

Was looking at wheels yesterday and there’s loads of options still around for decent 26″ wheels.

jimbo45
    Free Member

This stuff about 26″ wheels tyres etc ending up hard to get is garbage, there must be plenty of stuff still out there plus someone will see a great opportunity to supply what can only be a massive part of the mtb fraternity on 26″ bikes

bigblackshed

The kittens aren’t working.

cookeaa

I’m not angry, I have accepted that I will eventually own a 27.5er and probably be very happy with it.
    But as someone said on page 1, imposing 650b has helped set an uncomfortable precedent, the larger companies now know they can collectively impose a blanket change to prevailing standards, under the guise of “innovation” which will have the effect of preventing the general backwards compatibility we previously enjoyed… They really didn’t do it for customer benefit though don’t go kidding yourself…

It’s a circular (geddit) argument now anyway, most people either don’t want to admit they’re gullible, or else they’re convinced the rest of the planet is stupid and can’t tell they’ve been tricked by marketing, The truth is probably somewhere in between.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Wheel size bickering ?’ is closed to new replies.