Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Wheel manufacturing pf30 threaded…worth the £££?
  • sefton
    Free Member

anyone for one? Worth £55? Over £20 more than standard sram units?

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Yes , far more durable and when the bearings go you can just replace them rather than having to replace the whole unit which you have to do with the Sram unit .

davros

Yes. £52.49 from swinnerton. Remember you will need use of a 48.5mm BB wrench to install it so factor in this extra cost if you can’t borrow one.

sefton
    Free Member

Got a by wrench that’s fits a regular threaded bb…is this the same size?

munkster
    Free Member

Remember you will need use of a 48.5mm BB wrench to install it so factor in this extra cost if you can’t borrow one.

And a bearing press for the first cup no?

munkster
    Free Member

..is this the same size?

If you mean a regular HTII BB then no, it’s a bigger “MegaExo” size one (eg. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Park-Tool-BBT-29-Bottom-Bracket/dp/B00S4QS10I)

ps – my LBS said they’d fit mine “free” if I bought it through them and they were less than the combined cost of the cheapest price plus the spanner…

sefton
    Free Member

I have a plastic insert that fire into my wrench to make it a smaller diameter

munkster
    Free Member

OK but the WheelsMfg needs a wrench bigger than even the original HTII cups of a couple of years ago that didn’t require the adapters.

davros

HT2 don’t fit wheels threaded as it’s a smaller diameter (edit: HT2 is smaller!). I didn’t need to use my homemade press fit tool to insert the first cup, it went in by hand. I’ve read that this was the case for others. However, depending on the tolerances with your frame, it’s possible you’d need a tool to press it in.

If I were you I’d just buy a standard wheels press fit and make yourself a tool with a threaded rod, washers and bits of wood. This avoids buying a new BB wrench.

sefton
    Free Member

isnt the threaded version better and totally kill the creaks?

padkinson
    Free Member

If it’s one of these (PF30 outboard for SRAM gxp) you need, then I’ve got a lightly used one you could buy, bearings still in excellent condition.

sefton
    Free Member

cheers but its inboard.

Leigh2612
    Free Member

Padkinson…
    my bearings were inside (focus cayo disc) and I want to fit an Ultegra crank without spacers and faff…guess yours won’t fit ??

nathb
    Free Member

Yes!!!

I use the BBright one and it’s brilliant, no more faffing around with presses and having to whack it out etc (no press was required for fitting it into my frame).

Also no creaking and the angular bearings are so smooth compared to the previous ones.

davros

I had no issues with creaking with the standard wheels press-fit.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Wheel manufacturing pf30 threaded…worth the £££?’ is closed to new replies.